Chapter 5

Tanya's POV

Bang!

A loud crash of thunder made me jump up with a scream. 

In a paniced hurry I rushed to jump out of my bed and stumble over to the door.

I had to get out of here now!

Before I could reach the door handle I heard someone knock on it.

A fresh wave of fear came over me as turned the nob.

I almost tackled a man and his wife when I saw them before realizing that they weren't here to hurt me or anyone else in the hotel.

The woman gave me a worried look, "Is everything okay? We heard screaming."

Wow, had I really screamed so loudly that people were coming to check on me?

"Y-yeah, I'm p-perfectly fine. No need to worry."

I completely regretted talking the second I opened my mouth.

Why in the world did I stutter now? 

"Are you sure? You seem quite shaken, " The man said.

Great now they are more worried than before.

I smiled, trying to look like I wasn't freaking out a minute ago.

"I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about!" I snapped  then glanced at the floor for a moment, "I just um...had a nightmare."

The couple nodded, but it was obvious that they still didn't believe me.

Goodness Tanya think!

What could I do to make them go away? 

Before I could finish coming up with a plan to rid myself of these pests the woman spoke again.

"Sweetie, did your parents leave you by yourself?"

When I looked up she had her head in my room.

I chuckled, "No, I'm on an ordered vacation from my job in the army. I'm here by myself."

"The army?" the man said in a surprised tone.

His wife glanced back at him, "James, she's probably just joking. She's only a young girl." 

I held back a rude comment when she thought I was just joking.

The man shook his head and looked at my uniform, "No, I think the kid's telling the truth. She has the uniform and it doesn't look like a fake."

James lowered himself down to my level and sighed, "I can't believe it is really true. I had heard some of my friends talking about how they were sending kids off to war but I didn't think anyone would really do that..."

I nodded and muttered under my breath, " It's not like they forced me."

They both seemed to not hear my last statement and both gave each other a look before the woman spoke, "I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone."

Oh no, I didn't like where this was going.

"You're coming with us and we will get you a a nice meal and something else to wear."

Seriously, who finds out a kid is in the army and then invites them into their hotel room?

"But-" I said quickly.

"No buts! You're coming with us."

Before I knew it I was being dragged by the wrist down the hallway then into a random room.

What had I gotten myself into this time?!

(I'm so sorry for the long wait for a new chapter. This one isn't even that long and not my best work. It is the only version of this chapter that was anywhere near decent though so I hope you are all okay with it. There were four other versions of this chapter and every other one was longer. Hopefully I'll be able to make more chapters soon. Bye!)

 Bye!)