Chapter 9

Presley's POV

I just stood there staring at the kid, my eyes wide as dinner plates.

The two of us didn't move.

There was no other sound in that moment but the loud pitter patter of rain hitting stone.

This was amazing...

I had run around for hours looking for her and the second I didn't pay attention to my search I bump into her.

Potentially this might not even be the child I was looking for.

But, who else besides my late father had owned eyes that blue?

That was when I finally realized that those eyes were glaring daggers at me.

I then snapped out of my excitement to examine the child more closely.

What I saw was quite depressing.

The kid's golden locks were thoroughly soaked along with her clothing.

That wasn't the thing that worried me most though was the fact that she looked like she was shaking a lot.

I had to do something about this!

Even if she ended up not being my sister I couldn't just leave a child in this state by themselves.

I had not the slightest idea of what to do in this sort of situation.

The kid frowned, "Well if your done with your apology I'll be going."

With that the kid went to leave.

I immediately took note of her heavy limp as she tried to escape.

"Wait!"

She paused not looking back at me, "What?"

"You're hurt!" 

"You're point?" The girl growled seeming to not like the fact I mentioned her current condition.

"You can't stay out here by yourself," I said to her.

Tanya's POV

Seriously, this girl was getting annoying.

Couldn't she tell that I didn't want to be messed with?

I really wasn't in the mood to have another person try to "help" me today.

Not after I had been kidnapped only hours before.

"Just leave me alone, " I snapped angrily.

The brat sighed, "I'm just trying to help!"

I rolled my eyes and turned back to her, "Yeah, and I'm refusing to let you, so scat before I make you."

Despite my warnings she stood firm.

"Please..."

"You know you're making this a lot harder than it needs to be, " I said trying to sound calmer for now, "Admit it you don't really want to help me."

"Why would you think that?" The girl said looking quite confused.

"People only ever help, because it can benefit them in a way. You're not going to be any different from others, " I scoffed.

She flinched at my truth.

"See I knew it. Just leave me be. I don't want you're help now or ever."

With that I turned back around and raced off as fast as I could with my wobbly aching legs.

Behind me I left the girl just staring after me in shock.

(Hi everyone! Wow I did two chapters in two days. That's a new record for me! Anyways I hope you like it. This one is really short but I don't think I should put length over quality. Though I feel as if my quality is also falling along with my number of words per chapter. Anyways, would anyone be interested in me doing an English cover of one of the Youjo Senki songs? Please comment on this chapter to let me know. In the last day or two, I have reached ten followers and even more exciting this book has 3,200 reads! Yay! Bye bye!)