Eight

"I can't believe it

"I can't believe it. You're here."
______

A lot had happened during the battle, Peter had the gauntlet but he got hit by something and collided on the ground, hugging the gauntlet for his life, as Thanos' ship fired at the battle field. This was the first time he talked to Captain Marvel, who had surprisingly been really nice to him, considering that she didn't show her emotions often. Her and all of the female heroes had formed the A- force, which Peter and Gwen thought was badass.

"Peter.", Gwen helped him up, and hugging him tight.

"I can't believe it. You're here.", she cried, seeing one of her friends after five years.

"Gwen? Is that you?", Peter hugged her back, noticing that she had grown a bit taller, than he had seen her the last time.

The masked girl nodded, pulling away from the hug, they both then watched as the group of female heroes walked through the field full of the creatures. And right before Captain Marvel could reach the van, Thanos had thrown his sword towards it, destroying it. Carol was pushed pack through the energy force of the explosion, and the gauntlet fell on the ground.

Peter watched as Tony ran towards the gauntlet, wanting to help him. Thanos pushed him back, reaching the gauntlet. But Thor came back and fought him with Stormbreaker and Mjölnir, lightning was surrounding his body. Steve was jumping on Thanos' back, putting his arms around his neck. But Thanos, as strong as he was, got them off of him, and took the gauntlet.

Before he could even put it on, Carol came back and fought him again. Thanos punched her away, putting on the gauntlet. He hold his hand high, as the power of all the stones flew right through his body, and he attempted to snap, but she came back holding his fingers apart from each other. She gritted her teeth as she did so. Peter was amazed at her glowing aura.

"She's so badass.", he said, admiring the new hero.

Thanos punched her again , but nothing happened, she was way too strong for him. She jumped, making him kneel. But Thanos took the space stone out of the gauntlet, his hand was merged with it, and he punched her. The power of the infinity stone was to strong for her, and she flew away.

Something moved and Peter watched as Tony slowly looked at Stephen. Just a split second, and the sorcerer hold up on finger. There is only one way to end this, Peter thought, as he remembered that Doctor Strange had told them that the won only one time in all the 14 million possible alternates. Peter looked back to Tony, seeing the look of acceptance in his eyes.

Peter took a step forward, everything hurt him. "No!", he said.

Gwen looked at him, not understanding what was going to happen. But Peter did, and he wouldn't let him do it.

Tony was holding the gauntlet, still on Thanos hand, while he did that, Peter was running towards him, trying to suppress the pain. He was the only one - except for Stephen - to know what was going to happen. He saw Tony taking the Infinity Stones from the gauntlet. Thanos threw him away. Thinking that he now had the chance, he said: "I am... inevitable.", and snapped.

But nothing happened.

Tony kneeling on the ground, had his right arm up, showing him that he had the stones. The power of the stones flew through his body, and Tony felt every pain everywhere.

With a glare towards Thanos, Tony said: "And I am... Ironman."

SNAP

Peter couldn't believe it, the worst thing that could have happened, happened. He stopped mid-run, taking in what just happened. He watched as the bad guys dissolved into dust. Peter was happy that all was over, but one thing, he wasn't happy or even satisfied about was that Tony had sacrificed himself.

Tony sat on the ground, seeing his best friend coming to him. His face showing sadness. Rhodey hold Tony's head, a small sad smile gracing his face. Behind him, Peter landed and walked up to his mentor. "Mr. Stark."

He sat down on the ground, looking at his hero. The man he had looked up to, the man he had seen as another father figure.

"Hey, Mr. Stark?", the young boy choked up.

"Can you hear me? It's Peter.", Tony nodded, but you could hardly see it.

"Hey... we won. Mr. Stark. We won, Mr. Stark. We won, you did it, sir, you did it.", Peter started crying, he didn't want this to be true. This wasn't the way how it should have been.

Peter had thought that after the battle, he could have time with Tony. Hugging his mentor like he did during the battle. He wanted to see him, talk to him, ask him if he had missed any Star Wars movie or if he wanted to watch with him a few movies. Maybe he even thought, but just maybe, that he could call him 'Dad' and that Tony could call him 'son'. But it was too good to be true.

"I'm sorry, Tony.", he added, the first and last time Tony heard him calling him 'Tony'.

Peter sobbed and stood up, feeling a hand on his shoulder. Pepper had arrived, and Peter knew the feeling to lose a loved one. He was known to the feeling since he was six. And then again when he was 14 and then again today, at this very moment.

"Hey.", she said, as she looked at her dying husband.

"Pepper.", he whispered, having saved his last energy just for her.

She put her hand on his arc reactor on his chest, only for him to put his free hand on hers.

"FRIDAY?", she asked.

Life functions critical

Tony gave her a small smile, slowly excepting his fate.

"Tony, look at me. We're gonna be okay. You can rest now.", she had her hand on his cheek, caressing him lightly.

As he took his last breath, Pepper couldn't take it anymore, and the tears left her eyes, rolling down her cheeks. The light of the infamous arc reactor was gone, and his hand, which he had put on hers, fell to his side. She gave him a small kiss on his cheek. Laying her head on his shoulder, she started to cry.

Peter stood there, tears rolling down his cheeks, he sat down next to Pepper hugging her. He wished he was faster. Maybe he could have prevented it, and it would have been him, instead of Tony. The 16 year old boy took one last glance at his Dad before they stood up.

_____

I cried writing this. And I know, I know, another scene of the movie. But I really wanted to build this in, cause I honestly can't write something heartbreaking like that. Tony I miss you soooooo much, I hope you and Agent Romanoff meet again. Maybe you even see Loki and Frigga there. And Pietro.

Okay, I... I should leave before I can't stop crying.

Bye
Rabiablueskies