Chapter 7 Apology

before heading to the 24th floor, Ais made Bors hold on to the head guard for her as she went, and when she got it back, then went just outside the Zeus familia home as she waited on a bench thinking to herself a moment before going in.

Ais's thought's:" okay, I just need to walk in there and apologize, that's all... why is this so hard"

Ais was conflicted because she wanted to know how the Zeus familia were as strong as they are since they all are so powerful, and as she got her nerve back, Ais was in front of the Zeus familia home as she knew Bell had to be there, she had the head guard Bell dropped on the 10th floor, and as she knocked, Merry came and asked if she wanted something, not even asking what familia she's from.

Ais:" yes, I have Bell's head guard from the 10th floor, I wanted to return it"

Merry:" oh, then you can give it to me and I can give it to him, I need his help with something anyway"

Ais:"... actually, I wanted to give it to him myself"

there was a pause, and Merry's face turned to that of joyful glee to serious, stoic suspicion, then she changed her tone to match her face.

Merry:"... Sword Princess, Ais Wallenstein, why would a member of the Loki familia want to meet a Zeus familia member like Bell face to face for, unless there's a motive"

Ais than realized why she didn't ask about her, obviously as a top-ranked adventurer who leveled up to level 6 in one of the strongest Familia's in Oranio, and competitor, possibly enemy, to the Zeus familia from 15 years ago to now, they'd know all about her, and the other Loki familia member's as well. Ais didn't falter as she stood there saying the truth, or part of it anyway, she had a motive to get close to Bell, but all she wanted to do at that moment.

Ais:" I want to personally apologize for my mistake, and personally say that I don't think Bete should have acted the way he did after and that he was wrong"

Merry looked into her eye's with her stoic demeanor and was thinking about what the Ais was doing, seeing no ulterior motive's in her tone, body language, or voice, she then grinned again and said.

Merry:" okay if that's all, then come in"

as Ais walked in, her sword was gone as Merry said she can't have it if she wanted in, Ais agreed since she didn't want to start trouble to begin with, as she entered, she saw a bunch of people cleaning the place for its weekly scrubbing's.

Ais:" so you have all the low-level adventurer's clean while you go out"

Merry:" no, we have everyone clean, I finished what I was cleaning an hour ago, so I got off easy... this time"

Ais:" you don't only make the low-level adventurer's in your familia do all the housework"

Merry:" no, that's rude, does your's... poor souls"

Ais was learning a bunch of stuff, like how everyone, despite less of their level has to put a hand in to take care of everything, although she also learned that there are multiple teachers, trainers, and caretakers.

Ais:" there are a lot of children here, are they all members"

Merry:" some, but not all of them, some are freed slaves or the sons and daughters of our familia members or their family members"

Ais:" you let people not in your familia stay here"

Merry:" I'd be cruel to put them in the street, so we keep them here till they either find a job or family picks them up"