Chapter 3 : Stupidity

Just when I thought I had a microscopic chance of being with Clarence, he just has to be not human? He's perfect, with the looks and the charm and the talk, he's dreamy and beautiful and sweet, and he's got every single girl (including me) drooling after him...but he's a vampire?!!

WHY?!!

I mean, I knew they existed. I just didn't know they were living right here in front of my nose.

Wait. If Clarence is a vampire...does that mean the other members of the popular group (known as The Four) are vampires too? Janice, Amelia, and Benjamin aren't human either? Our school is socially ruled by some freaky Halloween creatures?

And if The Four are all vampires, then who knows? Does that mean the cheerleaders are genies? Are the short people actually elves? Is that one girl in my math class with the humpback really a fairy hiding her wings? Am I the only human here? Or am I just going crazy?

Crazy or not, I have to face the facts. I am attending a school shared by five murdering vampires. Should I be scared for my life?

Back at the Plaza

"What's your name and what news do you bring?" Garret asked.

"I'm Clarence Hill and Penelope sent me here," Clarence answered.

That got the werewolves talking. I had no idea who Penelope was. I tugged on Ethan's sleeve, "Who's Penelope?"

"Penelope Bennett is the leader of the vampires. She is very powerful. And by that, I mean she has supernatural powers. Like seeing the future and stuff."

I nodded.

Clarence started speaking again from where he stood in the middle of the plaza, "Our great leader Penelope had a vision. She saw...the magical ones were coming."

Everyone started whispering again. I felt my lack of knowledge once more. I looked up at Ethan again, "Um, what?"

He laughed, probably at my stupidity, "The magical ones, also known as the Sorcerers. They're the witches, the warlocks, and the wizards. You know, with the spells, potions, and flying broomsticks?"

"I know who they are," I said. "But what about them?"

"Those Sorcerers are pure evil. A long long time ago, centuries ago, the magical ones went and cast a spell over hundreds of humans. The spell made all the humans under the Sorcerers' control. It was like an army of zombies. And with the zombie army, the Sorcerers declared war on all the other creatures. They fought for many years. Alone, no one could defeat the magical ones. But when we joined forces...Together, the werewolves, the vampires, the ogres, the fairies, all of us worked as a team and beat the Sorcerers. Only a handful of the witches escaped.

"Those magical ones haven't interfered with us since, but they're still out there, plotting their revenge. And it seems that some of them are coming here," Ethan said.

"How come you never told me any of this?" I asked.

"It never came up," he shrugged.

Garret's strong voice silenced us all, "QUIET!" He turned to Clarence again, "What did Penelope say?"

"She wanted to form an alliance so we could protect this town against the Sorcerers," Clarence explained.

"How much time do we have until they arrive? How many are coming?" Garret asked the questions we were all wondering.

Clarence replied, "There are three of them, and they're coming in two weeks."

The murmur started again. Two weeks?