Chapter Seventeen

Well, this chapter answers all of those questions and comments about everyone thinking Louis is pregnant. This chapter is pretty short I know, but I've got my outline planned out in a sort of way that I don't want to change it. Anyways, I really hope you like this chapter and please let me know what you think of it!
-Liz

Chapter Seventeen

A few days later when Zayn arrives home from one or his morning shifts at the tattoo shop, he can't help but stop dead at the doorway when a certain smell hits him. It was still pretty faint, barely even there, but the smell of omega that was quickly going into heat was very easy to decipher to him.

"Shit," Zayn groans to himself as he makes his way into the apartment and quickly closes and locks the front door. It's not like the crappy lock on their apartment door was going to do anything if an alpha were to actually get a whiff of the smell, but at least it would hold them off until Zayn was able to decide what to do about the situation.

The omega quickly makes his way over to Louis' bedroom door and gives the white chipping wood a hesitant knock. The response that he receives from the small knock  was only the tiniest little whine. The heat must have already been too uncomfortable for the omega already. It's been years since either of them had gone through a heat, so Louis' was going to hit him super hard once it actually starts.

"Lou, why are you in heat?" Zayn asks through the door curiously. The omega doesn't take the chance in trying to open the barrier between the two of them. He wasn't quite sure if he would like to see exactly what was going on, on the other side of it.

Zayn can hear the omega let out a loud groan, before he can hear the small foot falls of Louis making his way towards the bedroom door. The other omega peaks the door open just enough so that he can peer out at his best friend with a sort of desperate look, which Zayn wasn't quite sure what to even do about. "Don't know, but I want my alpha," Louis practically whines the words out, really not finding the conversation between them very interesting considering that he was probably already feeling the early onset's of the heat. The omega gives Zayn a pleading sort of look with his big blue eyes. Obviously only wanting for the other male to go and find him his alpha instead of wasting time with talking to him.

Zayn takes notice to the fact that Louis was still wearing Harry's white sweatshirt that he's absolutely refused to take off for almost a whole entire week at that point. The way that the omega's been acting lately makes a lot more sense now. Louis' inner omega must have knew that he was about to go into heat and that he would need his alpha to get him through it.

"Damn it, Lou," Zayn groans out in annoyance, really not even sure how to deal with a situation like this. It's not like the two of them ever talked about what they were suppose to do if one of them suddenly went into heat when they shouldn't.

"Did you stop taking your suppressants?" Zayn sort of accuses the omega. It was really the only conclusion that the omega could come as to how Louis could be going into heat at that moment.

Louis only shakes his head at the other male's words with a large, needy, whine. He was clearly not happy by how snippy his best friend's words were towards him. "Need alpha, call my alpha," Louis snaps at the other male. The male doesn't say anything else to him before he's slamming his bedroom door in Zayn's face. The omega was obviously annoyed about being accused of something he obviously didn't do.

Zayn lets out a groan, completely frustrated about the situation before him. The two omega's have absolutely never forgotten to  take their suppressants. It was practically a religious sort of thing set between them. They lived in a really bad part of town, and they both knew what would happen if one of them were to go into heat. The alpha's in their neighborhood weren't very calm or understanding, and even if Zayn wasn't an entirely weak omega, he still didn't stand a chance against an alpha that was trying to get to an omega in heat.