Chapter 27 - My Best Friend: Part 2

Start from the beginning

I smiled. This has really a great day. I passed it to Ema, and her and Kaname dribbled it between themselves to the goal. Sora and Masaomi appeared in front of them and Ema tripped over the ball, and they ran for it. Kaname kicked it to Tsubaki and he shot it into the goal. The four of us cheered and the other team groaned.

We kept playing for a while. It was major fun.

We decided that the first ones to 10 would win. We just managed to win 10-9. 

We celebrated our win and made our way to Ukyo, who sat out because he didn't feel like playing and someone needed to keep an eye on Wataru. I was sad that he didn't play, but if he doesn't want to, then he doesn't want to.

Masaomi called Wataru and we all sat down for lunch.

We talked and laughed and Sora was basically part of the family now. We stayed another hour or two and then went home because it was starting to get late. I didn't end up asking any of the brothers about the three brothers I hadn't met yet, and Subaru hadn't had the time to meet up with us, which was a shame.

When we got home, Ukyo went straight to preparing dinner. I insisted on helping, and he was very grateful. He must be tired after today. Ema also helped.

Sora just watched. He'd never had to cook a meal in his life. And when he tried, it was awful, so he avoided cooking altogether. But Sora watched us prepare it longingly, which Ukyo noticed. "Sora-kun, do you want to help as well?"

Sora nodded, but changed his mind and quickly shook his head. Ukyo looked puzzled, so I explained. "Sora is terrible at cooking."

"Well, practise makes perfect. Could you chop these vegetables for me?" Sora jumped up and took the cutting board, knife and vegetables gladly. But right as he was about to start chopping them, he stopped. 

"Are you... sure?" he inquired uncertainly.

"Yes." Ukyo said, sure of himself.

Sora cut the vegetables with the utmost concentration, and was so proud of himself when he finished. The four of us continued prepared the food, Sora doing mainly the simple things that didn't involve any actual cooking.

Then everyone sat down to eat, enjoying the meal immensely.

After eating and cleaning the dishes, everyone went to do their own thing. Sora and I went to my room.

He flopped onto the bed. "Everyone sure is nice~" he said, smiling, almost to himself.

I sat down on a chair, agreeing. "They sure are..."

Sora was silent and drew a long, deep breath, releasing it slowly. "My parents backed off for a while, but recently they've been criticizing everything I do... I heard them talking about having someone else run the company. That they'll have another child... or adopt one. That I'm not suitable to run the company."

"But do you want to run the company?" 

He considered it for a bit. "If I had to, I would. But I know I'm not suitable to run it, even without them telling me. Maybe if they did have another kid, he'd do a better job..."

"Yeah, maybe. But they don't, do they? There's no point in thinking "what if" in a situation like this."

"You're right about that. But I was thinking, since they always use me to promote the company, what if I just became the poster boy? I went to a lot of acting classes when I was younger, I'm pretty good at it. It could work..."

"You're an amazing singer too, though you deny it."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Why don't you talk to them about this?"

"I plan to. I just wanted to talk to you about it. Because you usually tell me if it's a stupid idea. Do you... Think you could come with me when I tell them...?"

I grinned. "Of course!"

He sighed, extremely relieved. "You're the best, Yui."

"Tell me something I don't know."

He laughed.

Silence fell over us again. 

It was my turn now.

"Sora... A few days ago... Uhm..." I struggled to get the words out.

He looked at me patiently, but the pressure on me was slowly mounting.

"F-Fuuto... He... K-kissed me..."

"HE WHAT?!" Sora yelled. I flinched, closing my eyes. Sora never yells unless he's really really mad..

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was sitting up. He did indeed look really REALLY mad.

I racked my brain for something to say, but I had nothing.

He calmed down a little. "Sorry. Can you tell me everything that happened?"

I told him about that day and Fuuto's confession and apology later on.

Sora listened intently and when I finished, he was quiet. He run his hand through his hair. "I'm going to take a bath."

I nodded, but he probably didn't notice it. Because he wouldn't look at me.

I sat in the same spot as I heard the bath water running. Then stop. Then Sora got in. I didn't move at all. Why was he so mad?

I got up after a while and knocked on the bathroom door. "Sora...?" He didn't respond. I sat down, leaning against the door.

"If I said something to make you mad, I'm sorry... Please reply..."

No response.

"Please." I felt guilty for saying anything in the first place.

I sighed. It hurt that he wasn't responding to me.

"I'm sorry..." he said, only just loud enough for me to hear. "I'm a little angry that he would do it like that, without your permission, especially because it was your first kiss. I'm also angry that you didn't manage to get away from him, even though I know you tried. I'm angry that you trusted him, but he's your brother and you've also known him for a long time, so there's no reason not to..."

I continued listening, not interrupting at all.

"I'm upset by the fact I couldn't prevent it, even though we both know it was impossible for me to be there. But most of all, I'm mad at... Well, I don't know why... I just feel really, really mad and the fact that I don't understand why makes me even more mad mad and the fact that I can't even explain this feeling is just making making it worse still. Argh!"

"Sorry, but I can't exactly help out with that."

"I know. I'm really sorry for yelling. Could you please just give me some time to cool down, please?"

"Okay. I'll be downstairs."

I left the room and went downstairs, finding some of the brothers chatting. When they asked me where Sora was, I casually told them that he was taking a bath. I joined in their conversation, silently hoping that Sora and I would sort this out quickly.