Chapter 18

Chapter 18
Daniella

I walked into school while pulling down my log sleeves. Kellin and Vic were waitig in the parking lot for me so as soon as I got my make up work I could go home. I looked to see that the hallways were empty. I stood there in the middle of the Corridor until I heard the sound of heels clicking on the hard floor.
"So I see your still alive." Heather said.
"And I see your still a bitch." I replied.
"Watch yourself EMO! You don't want me to hurt your feeling again and run off to cut yourself again.... Now would we?"
My head bowed. She was actually ri-.....
"Stooooooppp!!!!!" I heard someone yell.
I turned around and I saw Acadia with a gun.
"Heather! I'm tired of your shit! You have bullied us for the last time!"
"Oh like that silly little toy is loaded."
Acadia aimed it close to Heather and shot it. The bullet went right past her head. She screamed as she cried.
"Acadia please listen I'm sorry I was so mean to you all of these years. I...."
"No it's too late for apologies now! You have hurt us for the last time!"
"Acadia..." I said, "please put the gun down." I slowly moved towards her caustically.
"No don't you see?" She says with tears in her eyes. "She is playing us! And I'm not gonna stand for it anymore!"
"Acadia please give me the gun." I said while holding out my hand. She put it in my hand as Heather opened her mouth.
"Geese Acadia! Were you dropped on your head when you were a baby? Are you are crazy?! You could have gotten me killed!"
Acadia sprang for the gun to finish off Heather but, I wouldn't let her. We struggled over it until it went off. We both fell to the ground. I heard footsteps as I saw both Kellin and Vic run towards me. They helped me up as they both examined me.
"Are you okay?!"
"Did you get shot?"
They asked.
"Yes, I'm fine. No I'm not hurt."
I looked down at Acadia and began to freak out!
"Acadia! " I screamed bending down to shake her. "Acadia please!" I flipped her over to find a wound where she was shot. I began to cry as Kellin and Vic began to drag me away.
"God please!" I screamed.
As I walked away I saw EMTs Rush in to aid Acadia's corps.
I tried to run back inside but Vic and Kellin wouldn't let me.
"Daniella! Please calm down. It's okay."
I looked up at Vic and starred into his eyes.
"Vic! My best friend, Acadia just shot herself! How can I be okay?"
I hit my knees in the parking lot. Vic and Kellin both hugged me until I cried out.
I pushed the front door opened and ran to the couch. For some reason that seemed to be my comfort spot.
Kellin sat beside me while Vic went to the back room. I leaned on Kellin and closed my eyes hoping this was all just a dream. I heard Vic come back with a guitar and sat on the floor in front of me. He began to play With Ears To See And Eyes To hear. Vic started off:
Vic: True friends lie underneath,
Kellin: These witty words I don't believe
Vic: I can't believe a damn thing they say anymore
Daniella: Lie lie, Liar, Liar, you'll pay for your sins
lie, lie, Liar, liar you'll pay for your sins
Daniella: So tell me how does it feel, how does it feel to be like you?
I think your mouth should be quiet 'cause it never tells the truth, now
So tell me, so tell me why, why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?
Daniella: Falling over and over again
From all the words that you have said it's written on my heart for everyone to see
Daniella: From the place I was, to the place I am, to the place I want to be
For the mountains I've been climbing over and under and over
Daniella: So tell me how does it feel, how does it feel to be like you?
I think your mouth should be quiet 'cause it never tells the truth
Trio: So tell me, so tell me why, why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?
Trio: Come down now come down, come down from your tower now
Oh,
Come down, come down, come down from your tower
He finished playing and looked at me.
"Feel better?"
I smiled softly. "Yeah, I do actually."
***
True friends lie underneath,
The service was probably the longest one I've ever been to. It was hard to believe that I would say my last goodbye to my best friend. I walked in the church with my back dress, black heels and a black hat with black lace to match.
I grabbed her icy cold hand with my black fingernails and began to speak to her as if the dead could speak.
"Thank you, thank you Acadia for being my best friend. You have made a big impact in my life and I'm sorry for what happen to you. I'm gonna miss you terribly and, I'm gonna think about you every day."
When I couldn't think of anything more to say I sat in between kellin and Vic. I'm not gonna lie to myself I broke down. I sat in the front of the church as people began to leave. Soon I was the only one in there. I stood where Acadia's coffin was I started at the wall thinking about her until someone broke my thoughts.
"I can't believe after all these years she finally did it."
Who was that, and finally did what exactly?
" your really stupid you know Acadia! You almost killed me!"
I turned around slowly and saw heather walking up to me. I don't know who she was talking to because Acadia's body wasn't here anymore.
I just stared at her while she carried on about how stupid Acadia was. She was talking like I wasn't even their. Almost like she was a zombie.
"Heather? Heather snap out of it! " I said.
"Heather?" I heard someone scream. ".... Heather where are you?"
Just then I saw a lady that almost looked like a nurse.
"Heather there you are! Oh mam I'm terribly sorry for this. After the shooting she has been in shock. I've been trying to help her but nothing is working. "
"Oh, well, I hope she gets better soon. " I replied.
I watched as the nurse calmed Heather down then lead her out.
*****
For the first time in months I finally had sweet dreams.
No more death, crying, chasing just me being.... Well.... Happy. It was almost if all of my nightmares have been carried away by...
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLA!!!!!!!!" I heard people yell. I jumped out of my skin waking up startled.
"Hey guys, thank you!"
Kellin and Vic both had a grin on their face. I suspected that they were hiding something.
"Kellin, Vic, what's with the face?"
"Follow me and we will show you." Kellin said.
I got up out of bed and followed them outside and their stood a brand new car!
"Happy birthday sweet heart!" Kellin said.
"Oh my gosh it's beautiful, thank you!"
"You'd better go ahead and go with Katelynn to get ready for your party tonight." Vic said.
"I get a party too?" I asked.
"Well of corse you do Roland said."
Katelynn took me shopping for a new dress and to get my hair done. I was the happiest teenage girl in the world.
The party look amazing when I arrived people were already their. We danced and had a wonderful time.
"Alright, alright settle down. As you all know we are celebrating 17 years of Daniella Quinn's life here on earth. And what better way to celebrate than with a slow dance with her boyfriend. Daniella, this song is for you."
Kellin began to play and sing The Middle. I couldn't think of a better way to end this day.
"Daniella," Vic started, "You mean the world to me and... And when you're 18 I.... I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."
"Oh my gosh did you just propose to me?"
"Yeah I guess I did."
"Of course I'll merry you! But... What did Kellin say?"
"Don't say anything because he might kill me. "
I just laughed at him and danced through the night.
********

Family doesn't define who you are. You have the power to do what you want with your life. Just look at my life. My life sucked. It got better, then I hit rock bottom. But now, I'm on top of the world. And nobody can take that away from me! And the same goes for you!
They say life is hard. That you can't do anything. There will be people who bring you down. But you will have people to bring you back up and keep you there. People in life will come and go. But the ones you will love the most will last forever. Even if they pass. So live life to the fullest every day. Life is to short to be mad at the father who beat you, or the boyfriend who rapped you, or the bully who pushed you too far. Learn to forgive and forget. To turn over a new leaf. I'm glad I have these brilliant guys and family to start over with.