nine : midnight

just a bit of a warning this chapter includes slight smut - not all the way but yeah...smut. also plz plz plz listen to the Coldplay song on the side while reading this. that masterpiece inspired this chapter.

Chapter Nine - "Midnight"

I led Mitch up the stairs, since he was a bit more intoxicated than I was and I felt it would be better I not take his virginity on the floor.

"Sh!" I pressed my index finger to my lips as we passed the room Tyler was sound asleep in. He laughed quietly and nodded, burying his face into the crook of my neck and kissing my neck softly from behind me.

I giggled and took his hand again, leading him into another room. I wasn't sure if it was his or a guest room, because it was slightly less messier than I had imagined. It's not like I pondered the thought for too long, anyways.

Of course, it was his first time, not mine. I thought I was the one who was supposed to do everything first as he followed my actions. Yet, this was not the case with Mitchell Hughes.

"Are you suuuure?" I raised both of my eyebrows. He nodded again. I sighed softly, nodding, and kissing him again. We both most likely tasted like whiskey, since that was the only thing we've digested since three in the afternoon.

Once we finally pulled away from each other, our lungs begging for air, we looked down to each other's shirts. This would be harder than we expected.

Even drunk, we were still self-conscious. I knew he was too skinny for his liking, and he knew I was too skinny for everybody's liking. My hand fell to my stomach and I winced, in both pain and hatred. I hated myself for what I did, I really do. I restrained tears as I forced a smile.

Dilated eyes or not, he could tell I was faking. I knew that alcohol did nothing for us when it came to intimacy, and we should have expected it. All it did was drown some of our pain for a mere minute or two, before we'd remember our darkest hours and sink back into depression one way or another.

"A-Are you suure?" He asked me. His words were still slurred, and he chuckled a little at himself, but I could tell he was still sincere about it. I had built a wall around my physical appearance for so long, I guess it was hard to knock it down so suddenly.

But I nodded anyways.

He decided to be brave for me, and took off his shirt before mine.

We were both sitting on the bed, both of us kneeling and facing each other, when I smiled. I leaned in, kissing his collarbones softly and hugging him.

"I love you." All the drunkenness that was buried in my voice subsided for a moment. It felt good to say aloud, and I wish I could have said it louder. I didn't want to ruin our chances. I didn't want, or need, Tyler waking up to this.

This only fazed me for a minute, as he was instantly closer to me. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck and letting him kiss down mine yet again. I stepped back, shifting on my knees a bit before removing my shirt as well, and discarding it.

Stretch marks were still visible around my thighs as I slipped out of my jeans as well, tiny bruises circling around my waist, some making my hips ache. I remember these from the many nights of crashing into my counter from the stinging tears and scorching pain of the blade against my wrist. I wanted to curl up in a ball and die once I faced him again, I didn't know if he'd accept the bruises or not.

"I love you." He breathed out, not a hint of drowse in his voice. I made eye contact.

What.

What, what, what?!

I contained most of my bubbling excitement, smiling so wide that I nearly engulfed my cheeks. I kissed him again, hard. He kissed back immediately, grinning and pinning me down.

"I love you." I whispered one last time, until he turned the lamp off. The only light left in the darkness was his clock.

12:00

------------------------------------