The Story

Special thanks to my amazing friend (@Taebear95) for allowing me to take inspiration from her for the character Annabelle Adams. You're amazing, mon amie! <3 (Annabelle Adams is a character featured in the 2012 Scarlet Spider storyline.)

Also, thanks to @James-Kingdom for the feedback and @expectospatronums for her response that encouraged me to publish this one-shot fanfic. Appreciate it, guys!

-

Disclaimer: This fanfiction is created for entertainment only. All rights to Marvel properties, characters, names, etc. etc. belong to Marvel Comics, Marvel Entertainment, and Walt Disney. I do not own them except OCs.

Written by: CrimsonArachnida

Based on "Amazing Fantasy #15" and "Scarlet Spider Vol. 2" by Marvel Comics.

-

A/N #1: Hey peeps! Okay this is just a random one-shot based on ideas that I have for a Scarlet Spider AU fanfic. I took some of them and made it into this. This is a prototype and experiment to the said fanfic. Also, it continues the "Alternate Universe/What If?/Elseworlds" style from "The Sins of Kaine" fanfic. (Don't forget to check it out😉) I hope you enjoy it! Oh and there are some nods to the "Clone Saga" and Christopher Yost's "Scarlet Spider" storylines. Let me know in the comments when you find them!
This one-shot takes place in an alternate universe (like "The Sins of Kaine"), where the "Clone Saga" don't happen. Which means no Spider-Man clones are created. Instead events and roles play out differently. And Kaine (a clone in the comics) is not a clone but Ben and May's only son. Also, Peter still has his parents. I hope you understand. And enjoy reading!

-

(dark, cold evening...)

Inside a dark bedroom, Kaine was resting on his bed..listening to tingles with earphones to help him sleep....

But he couldn't. The teen was burdened by the fact he was slowly dying and he did something terrible at school. He hurt the school jock and bully, Flash Thompson.. ruthlessly. And his friend.. was horrified with what happened.

Now... he might lose his close friend.. the person that he loved.. the thing that he feared most.

Sighing, he stopped listening and stood up, walking towards his mirror. He inspected his slightly scarred face.. and tears slowly flowed from his eyes. Silently wishing that he had never got bitten by the imperfect superspider. The bite gave him abilities but impaired his mental and mind, and slowly killing him.

Then, a ball rang. It was his close friend, Annabelle Adams. She decided to visit him after Kaine skipped school, concerned with him.

The young Parker headed out his bedroom and opened the door, looking at the redhead with a pessimistic one. Recalling her shocked reaction when he hurt Flash.

"Are you going to call me a monster like the others...? And ignore me..?" Kaine spoke in a broken, somber tone.

Anna shook her head and quickly hugged Kaine, comforting him. She still cared for him despite the incident at school. But there were things that she couldn't comprehend of why her friend did that. She knew Kaine was bullied by Flash since he was in primary school. He kept holding back because he was weak and afraid. But this was not him...

"No, Kaine. Why would I do that..? The one that understood and cared for me. I don't care what they say. You are my close friend. And that's all that matters."

Kaine sighed in relief and hugged back, feeling warm. The teen cried a little..relieved that he still had her. That she still cared for him, as Peter and his parents did.