1

I decided to curl my hair for school. Maybe it will help my mood if I dress up a little for myself.

The sun light creeps in through my curtains and blinds me for a couple seconds when I walk past. I hear a faint beat and remembered I left my radio on from the night before. It helps me fall asleep faster, listening to music.

I pull out my favorite flannel, ripped skinny jeans, white high-top converse, and my hello beautiful, crop top. Surprisingly, my bright purple hair goes well with my mostly red flannel.

............................

I get to school and as I walk down the main hall, I get stares left and right. Word spreads really fast.

Reason being, I slept with Wren Scott, the all-sport-there- is jock. He literally plays every sport in high school. I don't know where he actually has the time to do that.

Everyone thinks he is the stereotypical jock who is a one-night stand douche, but to be honest, he treated me like a princess.

He was sweet to me, gentle even. It's funny how it happened. It involved a panda from the zoo, a root beer bottle that fell out of the sky, and a high speed chase resulting in an all nighter in jail.

But that whole day, I learned more about Wren and he about me than anyone else could have known in a lifetime. And I'm glad that we are exclusive now.
..................................
Beginning of Spring Break (week and a half ago)

The bell rings and I grab my bag and race out of the school. Once I get to my car, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I hear a squeal on the other end. Of course it's from Kim.

"Mauve!! Guess who just talked to me about you!" I ponder and then I can't think of anyone. Who would want to talk about me?

"Fricken Wren Scott! He was asking if you are leaving for Spring Break or not. I think he's gonna ask you out."

I sit in my car and turn it on. The A.C. Blows directly at my face from this morning. The weather has been hotter than usual.

"Uh why was he asking about me? I didn't even know he knew who I was."

"Yeah well, he was asking if you would be around this week. God, I really wish I was you. At least I'm the one he talked to!"

I roll my eyes. Kim always has the hots for every guy in school. Her crush changes every other week. And she has a good, hot boyfriend. She jus can't stop ordering off the menu of fresh meat.

"Well, I might go to see my dad. Wait, let me guess. You got Wren's number?" She giggles and I know I shouldn't have even asked.

"Yup! He told me to give it to you. He wants you to text him as soon as you can." I start pulling out of the parking lot and turn on my radio.

"Ok text it to me. Thanks Kim." She laughs and just hangs up.
......................

From: KK

Here is that cutie's number:*

I click on it and add it to my contacts. I decide to wait till I get out of my shower to text him. Give him some time.

I start the warm water and put a towel on the rack. My hair doesn't seem greasy yet so I just pin it up in a messy bun.

I step in the water and I instantly feel the burn on my skin.  Don't mind, I like the hot water. I lather my body with body wash and sing along to my favorite song right now, Miles Away by The Maine.

I hear my phone ring in my room. It was probably just Kim calling me again to bug me about texting Wren. I just keep taking my precious time and sing.

I notice my fingers turning into raisins, so I grab the red towel and wrap it around my body.

My back has been having terrible acne lately. I wash it even, but it's just all over. It's one of my biggest insecurities lately. I haven't been swimming because of it.

I check my phone and see that Robin called me. He is my other best friend. We surprisingly haven't talked in about a week.

After I put on my tank top and shorts, I crawl into bed and plug my ear buds in. I turn on my music, almost full blast, and text Robin.

To: Robin
What cha need little bird??

Funny, I haven't called him that since we were in seventh grade. We are  now juniors.

From: Robin
Haha, just wanted to see if I could come over? And can I bring a friend?

I look at my clock next to me on the nightstand. It's only four-thirty and my mom isn't home. Why not?

To: Robin
Sure, who you bringing??

Just a minute later the door bell rings, making me groan and get out of bed. I pull my hello kitty blanket around me and go to open it.

I get down the stairs and open it to find Robin holding a liter of soda and a bag of food. Behind him, Wren.

Wren???

"Uh, hey." I could tell my face blushed and my eyes about popped out of my head as Robin winked at me and came inside.

"Hey, sorry I didn't text you back. We were already in the neighborhood and decided to just come anyways. Hope that's ok!" Robin is already stuffing his face on my couch, while Wren and I just stare at each other in the doorway.

"Sorry, for intruding. He kinda made me come."
"You liar! You told me to ask to come over!" Robin yells while chewing Cheetos in his mouth.

"Uh, it's alright. My mom won't be home till later tonight." I escort Wren in and he sits down next to Robin, taking off his jacket and revealing his perfectly sculpted arms.

I just remembered I'm standing here in a hello kitty blanket with pink shorts, a white tank top that is really revealing my boobs (but they look good right now *wink wink*) and my messy, curly purple hair.

"I-uh I'll be right back. Make yourself at home." I hear a thanks from Wren and a snicker from Robin as I bolt up the stairs and to my room.

How embarrassing! I can't believe that Robin did that...
Actually, I'm not surprised with him.

I can't help but feel naked, I mean Wren has already seen all my lady parts so what's the big deal? And Robin is gay and my best friend so who really cares.

It's just not me to show my boobs and be a slut like the freshman at school. I just throw a gray sweatshirt from club volleyball I used to play and I switched into black leggings instead of my pink shorts.

I half run downstairs and jump into the kitchen when I hear them talking on the couch.
"She seems jumpy. Are you sure she's okay with me being here?" Wren's voice is deep and gentle. It's so captivating when he speaks.

I just act like I'm getting a drink when all I'm really doing is listening to them.
"No, she has never been jumpy. She's just nervous about you. She really likes you." It's quiet for a minute. I hear a movement on the leather couch and footsteps toward me.

"Do you wanna go out and do something? Dinner maybe?" Wren stands behind me, leaning against the counter. I just stare down at my glass of water. I nod my head and end up smiling when I turn around to face him.