Chapter Seventeen

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hello, mister!" I said in a cute voice. "What's your name?" 

"Bill," he responded with a smile, "What's yours, sweetheart?" He had a Canadian accent. Hickies were along his neck. 

"Sally, sir!" I said, "You're from Canada, right? Do you have any kids?" At the mention of his kids, his face grew sad. He was cheating on his wife. I could tell. He was telling his family that he was on a business trip, but here he was, driving me around in a taxi. 

"No," he lied, "I am an uncle to two little ones just like you." 

"Is that so?" I said. I squinted my eyes barely. "You know, you don't deserve your family," I said, "They did nothing wrong, but you just had to meet a beautiful British woman. She must be a very demanding woman, your mistress."

"H-how--" he began before I opened the door. 

"We're here," I said. I hopped out of the car as Chip followed. Chip gave me a confused sad look. "Stop looking at me like that," I said as I saw the black taxi cab drive away. "He deserved it." 

"Wow, Freak Jr. is back, is he?" Anderson called out as I entered with Chip. 

"I'm a female, Anderson. If you even had a speck of a brain, you would have noticed," I groaned. "Come on, Jonah; I want you as far away from this idiot as possible," I said as I glared at Anderson. 

I could see him give a confused expression. "I want you away from him because he'll make you dumb," I whispered as we walked up the stairs. He gave a slight nod as his paws pattered on the wood flooring. 

"Well, isn't this interesting," I said as I entered the office room. There were pictures of family on the walls, a few photo albums on the bookshelves, and even some yet-to-be-paid-for taxes on the desk. 

The corpse was in the office chair, head bashed in and all. "We already found the baseball wood in his head," Lestrade said as he entered, "But we wouldn't have called you here if something major hadn't come up." I looked him up and down. 

"Letter? The killer left a note?" I asked him. He nodded as he handed me the note. I read the letter over. 

Dear, Mr. Benzin,

You should've appreciated your family when you could've. Don't worry, I won't tell your family about your second family.

Sincerely, a father.

I examined the small letter further. The killer's hand were large and rough; you could tell by the smudged pencil led and how hard he seemed to have pressed the pencil to the paper.  It was even more so smudged, so that means he's left-handed. 

A dad, huh? A dad going after other fathers. The last victim was also a dad. Left-handed and uses a baseball bat...

Static was everywhere as I looked around. I was in someone's lap with a guitar in my small arms. 

"Now, Panda, if you were left-handed like daddy, you'd hold the guitar like this," a deep voice said. I looked up to see my father with his shaggy black hair and stubble. He then flipped the guitar the other way. "But since you're right-handed, you hold it like this." His large hands guided my hands to the guitar. 

"Here, let's play a G note," he said. He guided my hand down the strings and a G note played. My eyes lit up. "That was pretty cool, right?" he said. I looked up to see a big smile on his face. "How about I teach you your favorite song?" he asked. I nodded violently. 

As he guided my hands lightly across the guitar strings, I could hear the faint tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. 

"Twinkle twinkle little star~" he sang along, "How I wonder what you are~" 

"Up above the world so high~" I faintly sang along. He stopped abruptly. He put the guitar down and I stared up at him. 

"Y-you spoke..." he said as he lifted me up. "Oh my god, you didn't just speak, you sang!" he cheered as he stood up. "My baby girl sang!" he cheered as he threw me up into the air. I squealed in happiness as he did so. Then the sound of the door clicking silenced him. I looked over to the door and saw my mom. She seemed disappointed like she didn't want to leave from wherever she was. 

"Hey, Pandora sang," my dad said as he put me down. He walked over to my mom. There was an awkward silence between them. 

I awoke with a small bark from Chip. My eyes wide as I looked down at him. I was still standing near the body. "I think I know who the killer is..." I said as I looked up at Lestrade. "I also think I need to talk to the Queen..."

🔫🔫🔫

"Pandora Logan Jones," Mycroft said as he crossed his leg over his other. We were in his office. "I see that you moved into my brother's dreadful old flat. You also took his job as a detective." You could hear the annoyance on his tongue as he spoke. 

"Did Sherlock ever punch you right in the face?" I asked as I tilted my head just slightly. 

"Only when we were young," he answered with his lips in a thin line. 

"Good thing that I'm young," I responded. "Anyway, I assume you want to know why I'm here. Not just in your office, but also in the country." I leaned forward ever so slightly. 

"Yes, it takes only pure stupidity for a fugitive of Shield with a high warrant for arrest, to enter a government facility," he said as he messed with his cane a little. 

"Yes, and it would also take pure stupidity for you to call security," I said as I slipped Sherlock's coat off of my arm to reveal the vibranium arm. "Not to mention that I know Shield has informed you that I was taken into Hydra for superhuman experimentation," I said. His face showed pure fear as his eyes widened ever so slightly. "Yes, this is a threat, so you'll get me the information I need."

"What do you need then?" he asked. His hand was slightly shaky as it held tightly to his cane. 

"I need information on my father. His name is Stanford Ray Jones," I said. I flipped the news article on his crime onto the coffee table in front of us. I had just printed it. "I need to know everything that has happened since he was bailed out." 

As I was walking home, I rounded a corner and found myself at a music store. Nemo's Music Emporium. I walked in as the bell dinged. It was a small shop, but it was also filled to the brim with vinyls, instruments, and basically anything related to music. 

"Hello, what can I do for you today?" a woman asked. I turned around to be greeted with a plump dark-skinned lady. 

"Uh, I'd like an acoustic guitar," I answered as I looked around me. 

"Oh, do you need help picking one out?" she asked. 

"Yes, please. I don't know much about what I need."

"Are you new to the instrument?"

"No, I've played before," I said, "But I may be a little rusty." 

She nodded as she grabbed one on its stand. "Here, take it for a whirl," she said as she held it out for me. Could I really play? My vibranium arm was filled with power, so could I really be that gentle with it. It was my left arm, but still. 

I grabbed it and put the strap over my shoulder. I held the end of it with my vibranium hand and placed my right hand over the strings. I did a quick G note. Then, I couldn't stop myself from playing the song my dad and I had played in my vision. 

As I stopped, Nemo asked, "Are you sure you're rusty, cause you seem like a professional."

"I'll take it," I said as I looked up at her.