Chapter Fourteen

I would like to thank all of you so much! You guys don't know how happy I get when I get comments, votes, and adds. I just... UGH! You guys are just all so sweet and kind and it makes me want to cry like I am right now! 

Also, I don't think I'm going to be sticking with the schedule. It doesn't give me enough time to write anything.

Thank you 

with much love

-Bethany 

🔫🔫🔫

My head throbbed as I awoke from my deep slumber. I looked down at my bed as the white sheets were now stained with dried blood. What even happened? I looked down at myself and realized I was only in a bra, but there was bandage wrapped around my middle. 

Then, I heard arguing in the next room. What was going on? I moved my legs over the bed as I tensed as pain subdued my body. It was like I was getting stabbed. I overlooked it though as I put a shirt on. It didn't look or smell like one of my own. It was quite big as well. Must have been Ward's. 

There was one voice outside that I knew I recognized and knew was dangerous. I went to my dresser and peeked inside to find a small rifle. I checked if it was loaded and of course it was; this is me we're talking about. 

I released the safety on the gun as I was prepared for any threat. I sneak up to the door and open it slowly and quietly as to now allow my presents to be known. 

"You're still not answering my question! How did you find this place?" Ward yelled. I could hear it quite clear now. 

"We weren't sure this is where she was. It was just on our radar," the other man answered. "When we noticed a whole bar had gotten attacked by a kid who looks nine-years-old, we knew it had to be her."

I peeked out into the living room to see a slightly balding man in a suit sitting on a couch talking to Ward while Chip was transformed into a German shepherd, growling. The name Phil Coulson popped into my head, along with other words and memories. 

"Hello, the man who is supposed to be dead," I said as I pointed my gun at him. Ward looked to me, worry immediately coming to his face. 

"Logan, you're supposed to be in bed," he said as he gripped my shoulders. I stumbled a little as he did so. 

"Can you not be so loud? I have a hangover, I think," I said as I kept my gun pointed at Phil, "Also, how the hell is someone you don't want to be here, here?"

"Well, that's your fault," he said quite harshly, "If you hadn't freaked out at a bar last night, he wouldn't have been able to find you."

I glared at him. He was blaming me? "Come on, Logan. All of the Avengers are worried about you," Phil said. He sounded so trusting, but I didn't trust him. 

I pulled the gun away from the Shield Director. Ward let my shoulders go as I hobbled over to Ward. 

"Okay," I said. He smiled at me and stood up. "Only if you can catch me," I giggled as I shot him in the leg. He fell to the ground. I grabbed his phone for him. "You were really stupid for coming here alone," I said, "But it wouldn't be fair if I didn't let you get help." I put his phone in his hand as he stared bewildered at me.