Kaycee turned to look at Sean, a scream pried from her lips as she pressed a hand to his cheek, wiping the blood that was seeping from the deep slash across his forehead. And then she saw it, a large shard of metal had been lodged into his chest.

"Jesus Christ, Sean!" Kaycee screamed, her hands fumbling with the seatbelt before finally freeing herself. "Sean, can you hear me?!"

She pushed open her door, wobbling as she ran over to his side, yanking the door open. Her fingers fell to his wrist, sighing with relief as she felt the weak thumps against her fingertip. Kaycee unbuckled his seat belt, her hands carefully at his sides as she pulled him onto the ground.

"Sean, please wake up." Kaycee cried, running her fingertips through his hair, tears soaking her shirt as she watched the blood soak through his gray hoodie. "Please, I can't loose you."

I can't loose you.

Kaycee watched as his eyelids began to flutter, his breathing becoming quick as he gazed around, his eyes landing on the metal stuck in his chest and suddenly the pain that started shoot through his body.

"Kaycee?" Sean whispered weakly.

"Sean, oh my god!" Kaycee whimpered, sliding her fingers in between his. "Don't move, just wait for the ambulance to arrive."

"It hurts, everything hurts." Sean cried, squeezing her hand tightly. "I just want to go home, I just want to be home."

"You have to stay with me, Sean."

"Kayc." Sean whispered, pulling her fingers to his lips. "If I don't make it, please tell my family I love them."

"Sean, don't say that... you're going to make it, okay? I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you make it."

"Kaycee." Sean mutters, bringing her hand to cup his cheek. "Can you tell me a story?"

She ran her fingers softly through his hair, never breaking eye contact with him. "Okay."

Kaycee lied beside him, her hands running through his hair and her other hand cupping his cheek. "One day, I was at competition. I was six years old and I saw this boy with bright neon clothes and he had the widest smile I had ever seen. I remember I was so embarrassed when my mom forced me to take a picture with him because I had the biggest crush on him."

Sean chuckled, a single tear running down his cheek as he continued to listen.

"Then, after that day I didn't see him that often. We bumped into each other a couple times during classes and we even hung out when our friends did, but it wasn't until I got older that I realized that he would become the most important person in my life. But, at the time I had a different partner, yeah he was great, but it was nothing compared to when I danced with him. Dancing with him didn't feel like dancing, it was living."

"Did you stay partners with the other guy?" Sean whispered, smiling because he already knew the answer.

"Nope, I became partners with the boy covered in neon head to toe." Kaycee laughed.

"Do you regret it?"

Kaycee shook her head, tears streaming down her face as she felt his finger rub against hers. "It was the best decision of my life. We accomplished so much together, we did 'World of Dance', we didn't win, but I had already won the minute he had chosen me to be his partner."

Kaycee pressed her lips to his fingers, as he wiped away the tears from her cheeks. "What happened after 'World of Dance?"

"We remained a duet and best friends, we did everything together. I was always at his house and he was always at mine, he was basically a Rice from spending so much time with my family." Kaycee laughed. "He was my best friend, until he started to become more. I looked at him and saw him in a way I never had before... and then these feelings grew and grew, I couldn't stop myself from falling for him."

Sean watched her contently, a tear rolling down his cheek as he was hearing this all for the first time. "Did you tell him you were falling for him?"

"No, I was too scared to ruin what we had. I didn't want to loose him." Kaycee whispered.

"What if he told you he was falling for you?"

"Sean." Kaycee breathed.

"Kaycee Caitlin Rice, I have fallen for you. I have fallen so fucking hard." Sean whispered, his eyes never leaving hers. "I love you."

"I love you too, Sean." Kaycee hummed, her hand shaking in between his. "God, I've loved you since your neon phase."

Sean chuckled, wincing as pain shot through his body. "I'm scared, angel."

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise."

The red and blue lights flickered across their skin, the sirens wailing as people rushed to their destructed vehicle. Kaycee remaining at his side, her fingers laced with his as they moved him onto the stretcher, placing him in the ambulance.

Kaycee leaned over at his side, pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek that was slowly turning purple.

"Our story isn't over."