Chapter 5 The Betrayal

Start from the beginning

they all saw as Lily was throwing a tantrum as Bell and the Zeus familia members were only listening, the soma familia members had blades in their mouth's so they couldn't talk, and Lily went on about how she was bad.

Lily:" do you see now, Lily is a bad girl, the worst Prum to have lied of all time, still, are you going to save me"

Bell:" yes"

Clide:" is that even a question"

Lily:" WHY, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT FOR ME"

Bell:"... well... because you are a lonely girl who looked hurt"

Anna:" not much of a reason Bell"

Bell:" I couldn't think of anything else"

Lily:" YOU WOULD SAVE LILY BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL, IDIOT, YOU IDIOT, YOU WOULD SAVE ANY GIRL IN YOUR SIGHT'S, HORNY LECHER, PERVERT, ENEMY TO WOMEN-"

Bell then held her head and said.

Bell:" then because it's you Lily, I don't need any more reason to help you, I don't need to have a reasonable reason to help you, please Lily, I know you were hurt the moment I saw you, I knew everything from the start, and yet, I didn't give up on you despite my friend's warning's because I didn't want to abandon you Lily, I don't need any reason to save you"

Lily started to ball up a bit as Bell ask she tell him if there's something he can do to help her, he's an idiot so she needs to talk to him, Lily started to cry as she hugged Bell and started to apologize to him. as they make it back, all of Lily's belonging's were returned along with the member's being left in the 6th floor with only the clothes on their back as punishment, they made it out, but not easily, Lily would have passed out from everything and wake up in the Zeus familia home. Lily would find Bell in a chair on the other side sleeping near her as he woke up.

Bell:" morning Lily, it's a great day today"

Lily:"... what about"

Bell:" yeah, about that, you need to talk to someone"

as Lily left, she felt the bloodlust coming from the other side of the door and was scared beyond word's, in the dining hall, Mero, Zerif, Enyo, and Hestia, along with the people who help her in the dungeon yesterday had 2 seat's open as Bell was asked to get them drinks, Lily was alone with people who clearly want a word with her and are not happy with her.

Mero:" I'll start off by saying that what you did, usually end's up with a missing limb"

as a spear was stabbed through the chair just an inch away from Lily as she flinched, Lily regained her composure to listen a little more.

Mero:" what you did to Bell is unforgivable, no matter what he say's"

Zerif:" however, we know about you Miss Arde, a troubling past indeed, but that doesn't excuse your action's"

Enyo:" now... any objection's too out words"

Lily:"... no, everything you said is from both love and concern for Bell, what I did gives you more than enough reason to do whatever you please to me... and if you punish me, I can't complain one bit... but, after Bell saved me, I don't want to do something as lowly as betrayal anymore"

Zerif:"... Miss Arde, what's your opinion of adventurer's before Bell saved you, compared to after, can you tell us both sides"

Lily was hesitant a little, sitting next to adventurer's and all, but she answered him honestly, as she thought it was the least she can do

Lily:"... adventurers are all the same, all of them are only going to use and abuse people, steal and trick other's for their own interest, if they were all like that, then what's the harm in stealing back what has been stolen from me from them, at least, until I met bell, he was different, he treated Lily well, treated me with respect and dignity, and even after all I did to Bell, even when he knew everything from the beginning, he still saved me and helped me... and you all, you are still helping me even now... I don't care what you do to me, just know I won't complain"

Mero:" you also blame yourself too, it's eating away at you because you know Bell's too kind to actually punish you, well, if anything, Hestia"

Hestia:" think of this as divine judgment... look after Bell"

Everyone at the table:" Ditto"

Lily was surprised by this, she thought they would feed her then throw her out, but not this.

Mero:" listen kid, if this has taught us anything, it's that Bell was right to help you, in your situation, I myself would probably go as far as to steal, and you are right, stealing back something that's your's isn't wrong so you're not a criminal in our eye's"

Zerif:" and Bell begged us to help you despite all our warning's about you, he can be real stubborn when he wants to be"

Enyo:" but, he also said how he wanted to help you since you looked lonely, other member's say your lonely eye's, and Bell hated that, so he helped you knowing full well what you were planning to do"

Lily:" I don't know what to say"

Anna:" just make sure swindler's like you don't trick Bell again, he's not dumb, but he's too kind for his own good"

Mero:" oh, and one more thing, trick Bell again, and it will be like you never existed, got it"

Lily was now scared that the bloodlust was back as Bell returned, he asked if everything was okay, and they said that Lily can continue to accompany Bell, and the Soma familia member's lost their memories and blacked out after they reached the surface, although Bell knew they did something as they shifted the conversation immediately. in the Bable tower, Freya was admiring Bell's growing strength, however, there was a smudge that was in the way, she sent Ottar to help fix that as she couldn't just sit by.

Ottar:" and what of the Zeus familia, with Demon Caster and Slicing Wind now level 7, the Zeus familia have 3 level 7's now"

Freya:" they have grown past the point of control when they arrived, but now they might just be unstoppable... if you are given a choice to fight them or run, even if it's a low-level member, run, we can't afford a familia war with them, when they were weak, 15 years ago, we barely won, and that was by sheer luck alone, let's not have another disaster like that"

Ottar:" yes my lady"

as Ottar left to the 17th floor, he thought about how Capaneus was also involved, he remembered meeting Bell a few time's through him, and hearing about his reputation made him what a meeting with the boy, however, he had a fear of Mero, Zerif, and Enyo because of 15 year's ago, it's a fear he can bearly get over, and now he's wondering if he is the right man for Freya's side. in the dungeon at the same time, Ais is heading into a tavern to order something in the code word as she is then pointed to a secret room with Hermes and Zeus familia members, some of them are surprised to see Ais, though Merry, Zack, Clide, and some other strong member's were there, especially a Prum sized Amazon named Mare, she had only her gauntlet's and Greave's on as she as leading the mission.

Mare:" now, when we get to the 24th floor, prepare for anything, the plants are killed with slashed or from Mero's report, "hit them hard enough and they break so easily", of course from that woman, and the caterpillars have acid blood, use magic to kill them if possible, let's be better prepared than we were on the 18th floor"

as they move on, an unsuspecting eye was watching them, only waiting for them to arrive, and to set their trap.