Kunikida × Reader: Dreaming of you.

Start from the beginning

The blond walked past the restaurant he and Dazai frequently went to, something caught his eye.
(H/c) hair.
Like the woman in his dreams.
She seemed to be asking for a job position here.
Kunikida silently wished that woman well as he continued to his home, The thought of the woman still lingered in his mind.
He was tired but reviewed and edited his notes in his notebook, adding and retracting.
Once done, he finally got ready for bed.

He was very disappointed.
He did not dream of that young woman like he usually did.
Instead it was he usual dreams he had before she started seeing her in his mind.
But he had work to do again today.
Kunikida got ready and went to the agency as he usually did.
To his surprise, Atsushi and Dazai were not there yet.
At least he had some peace and quiet to get some work done.

(Y/n) got a call from that restaurant she was interviewed by yesterday, they were interested in hiring her.
Her smile became wide as she knew that she would have a stable income now.
The (h/c) haired female got up and got ready for the day.
She left her apartment and locked the door, a soft smile played on her lips as she walked to the restaurant.
The morning seemed quiet, it seemed peaceful.
The young woman smiled as she walked up to the restaurant, she straightened her outfit up and walked inside.

The woman she was supposed to talk to was at the front counter, lecturing a brunet man.
He did not seem to care about her gripes.
"This is the last straw, you have to pay your tab or I will not serve you again", the woman fussed at the man.
The brunet was smiling as the teen beside him seemed annoyed.
"Just pay already Dazai-san.", the grey haired boy said.

(Y/n) listened to them.
She recognized them immediately, the people she needed to find.
They were handsome.
The woman behind the counter recognized (y/n) as the new hire, "Thank you for coming in. I will talk with you shortly."
The (h/c) haired female nodded at her statement, Atsushi turned around and looked at the woman standing behind him.
The grey haired teen smiled a little embarrassed, "Sorry."
"It is okay, Atsushi.", the woman replied.

The teen was about to ask her how she knew his name when the older male he was with pulled him out of the diner.
"Dazai is a nuisance.", the woman sighed and waved the (h/c) haired female to come up, "Hello, I wanted to talk to you about your job."
"Of course. I can start whenever.", (y/n) replied.
"How about two days from now?", the female asked, "That will give you time to prepare."
"Thank you.", the (e/c) eyed female smiled, "I promise to do well."
The two women bowed to each other politely.
"I look forward to working with you.", the black haired waitress smiled.
"And I look forward to working with you.", the (h/c) haired female replied.

After talking a bit more, (y/n) was allowed to leave.
She smiled, she knew that this coworker was truthfully a good person.
The (h/c) haired female cast her (e/c) eyes over the streets as she walked, the thought of those men from before returned to her mind.
Dazai and Atsushi.
(Y/n) sped up her walking pace and searched for them, she was desperate to find them and learn why she kept seeing them in her visions.
(H/c) hair followed her as she kept up the quickened pace, she finally saw them.
Brunet and grey.
"Atsushi! Dazai!", she called out to the two males.
Dazai stopped when he heard his name and Atsushi did the same.

(Y/n) slowed down and stopped in front of them, "Thank goodness I found you two."
"No offense miss but, how do you know our names?", Dazai asked, "Not that I mind a beautiful lady calling my name."
"I see visions of you.", the female replied, "It may sound weird but I can see you and your detective in my visions, I saw a lot of what you have done."
"So you sought us out?", the brunet asked.
"Yes.", (y/n) answered, "I want to know why I am having these visions, why I am being drawn to this place."
"May I ask your name?", Dazai inquired.
"Oh, my name is (y/n) (l/n).", she answered with a wide smile.
"I guess we do not need to introduce ourselves since you already know who we are.", Atsushi shrugged, "I don't know if we can help you."

"At-a-su-shi-kun~", Dazai spoke with a grin, "This does seem to be a supernatural occurance, it deserves some sort of investigation."
The white haired teen sighed, he knew it was an excuse to got out of work and push more onto him.
The brunet offered his arm to the lady, "Please come with us my lady."
(Y/n) gladly took his arm and was led to their office, the office she had seen many times before.
"It's just like I saw in my visions.", The female spoke softly, "This is incredible."
Dazai let her sit at the sitting area with him and Atsushi on the other side facing her, "When did these visions start?", the brunet asked.
The (h/c) haired female bit back a yawn, "When I turned 16. It was blurry visions then but they became clearer when I became older."
"Can you tell me some situations you saw?", Dazai asked as Atsushi wondered what he was doing.

"I saw a countdown one time, that was scary. you two were at a river and Atsushi was in rags. Atsushi with a tiger paw. A scary looking man in traditional dress was talking to someone.", the (h/c) haired female spoke as she heard the door close.
"Good morning.", came the greeting.
"Good morning, Kunikida-san.", Atsushi greeted the blond man.
"Good morning Kunikida-kun.", Dazai greeted but turned back to (y/n), "Sounds like you know a lot about us. That is dangerous."
"It is?", the female asked.
Atsushi left Dazai to talk to the female so he could get his work done uninterrupted.
Others began to come into the office, some gave the female a glance before going to their respective positions.

The scary looking man that (y/n) saw was standing over Dazai when she looked up, his harsh eyes glared down at the two of them.
"Who is this?", the man asked.
"(Y/n) (l/n), she has been having visions involving our agency.", Dazai responded.
The man looked at her then back at Dazai, "You are going to investigate this?"
"Yes.", the brunet replied calmly.
The scary man went back into his office.
"Can you tell me any more about your visions?", Dazai inquired.
"They happen when I sleep or daydream.", (y/n) yawned.
The brunet smiled, "Do you feel sleepy now?"
She nodded and could barely hold open her (e/c) eyes.
"Go ahead. And tell me what you saw when you wake up.", the bandage covered man said as she dropped off into sleep.

Dazai chuckled as he walked back to his desk, "Kunikida-kun, do you want to help me with his one?"
"Dazai, do not bother me.", the dirty blond man said and kept working on the financial paperwork.
"There's a little sleeping beauty over there if you want to have a peek~", the brunet grinned.
"I don't think he is in a good mood, Dazai-san.", Atsushi sighed.
"What's wrong?", Dazai teased, "Is the workhorse grumpy today?"
Kunikida did his best to ignore Dazai.
Dazai was persistant, "Come on, just a peek. She's really cute. She could be your type~"
Kunikida took Dazai's hands off of his cheeks and threw the man on the ground.

The dirty blond could not lie, he was curious.
"Fine.", he sighed and got up.
Kunikida walked over to where the female was lightly sleeping.
She was as cute as Dazai said, her head tilted to be more comfortable.
Her face scrunched up a little before her eyes opened, (e/c).
Just like the woman he saw in his dreams.
She had to be the woman he saw in his dreams.
Dazai sat back down beside her, "(y/n), can you tell me what you saw this time?"
"I saw you be thrown, and myself asleep.", The female replied.
Dazai had a wide grin on and turned to Kunikida.
"What?", the dirty blond man asked,

"Introduce yourself.", the brunet grinned and motioned to the female.
The blond turned to her, "My name is Doppo Kunikida."
"(Y/n) (l/n).", the female Said and held out her hand, "Nice to meet you."
Her hand seemed to disappear into his larger hand as he shook it.
She smiled warmly to the man.
A feeling of a spark ignited between their hands.
Kunikida let her hand go, "ow, what was that?"
(Y/n) held her hand with a bit of pink in her cheeks.
Dazai was watching with a grin, "Have you two ever heard of the concept of soulmates?"

(Y/n) nodded, "That was my favorite story growing up. My parents were soulmates."
"I have.", Kunikida replied.
Dazai grinned, "I think you two can put the rest together."
"Are you saying that she is my soulmate?", Kunikida asked.
"You're welcome, Kunikida-kun!", the brunet giggled, "Case closed, you two are linked supernaturally."
The blond man felt like he had to hit his partner yet again, a smaller hand took hold of his.
Kunikida turned back to (y/n), her arms wrapped around his torso and her head pressed against his chest in an embrace.
She felt the connection after that spark, "I'm glad I found you Doppo."
The blond man gave her a loose embrace back, "I have to return to work, but we can talk afterwards. Okay?"
(Y/n) nodded and stood on her toes to give him a kiss on the cheek, she whispered her address to him.
"See you later Doppo~", the female smiled and waved goodbye to her soulmate.

She was happy.
She found her dream man, literally.