I was speechless and start to shake. I felt my eyes glow and the once liquid tears fall turned to droplets of ice when falling off from my face.

    "M-Mom——"

    She ended the call.
I then starting to sob immensely, everything around becomes silent, I couldn't even hear Andy and Lauren calling me to see if I was all right.

    I just scream out loud as I felt myself freeze my phone into a solid ice brick. Out of anger, I threw it far, hearing the iced phone shatter, seeing the small broken pieces of it fly.

    I knew my mother hated mutants after my father's death.
My mother was right... she did throw her own child under the bus without a single ounce of remorse.

    What was I to think I was any different?

    I drop to my knees and cry, but Andy caught me before I could even hit the ground.

    I just hugged him tight and cried on his shoulder letting everything out, my sadness and betrayal.

    He and Lauren didn't question me afterward, because they could only assume what had happened.

❅ ❅   ❅

    The next day in the early morning we were on the outskirts of Atlanta. Reed had met us at a diner, as we all discussed.

    "The important thing is, everyone's alright," Mr. Strucker spoke, "Andy... was anyone actually hurt?"

    "I don't know. Okay? I-I don't remember it. It was just... it was all confusing," Andy replies, with his voice sounding of fear and confusion, as my hand rests on his, in comfort.

    "So, to be clear, you didn't touch them before they touched——"

    "Yes, Dad, they came after him," Lauren answers for her brother.

    "And after they came at you——"

    "This isn't a deposition, Reed," Cait tells her husband.

    "I am trying to understand the situation. Legally, if they——"

    "It won't matter," I state, with Reed's eyes boring onto mine, with the disappointment of my losing faith.

    "The man from Sentinel Services——" Cate tried to explain.

    "Wait, Sentinel Services? You mean the police?"

    "No. Sentinel Services. They were just gonna take Andy and Lauren, and not to mention Lux, thank god she was with us when it happened."

    I didn't even think about myself... I couldn't imagine what would've happened if I came straight home after the party. I would've been a goner if Sentinel Services had come after me when I was alone.

    "You can't talk to Cal? He's the D.A. He could——"

    "This is way beyond Cal's jurisdiction. Sentinel Services is a federal agency. The only reason you got away is they didn't have enough time to put a full team together," Reed informs.