Grant greeted me and praised my looks. I appreciated it because he was like a grandfather to me and his opinion mattered.

By the time I reached to the cathedral after driving under A.C the nervousness seemed to seep deeper into my bones. It was as obscene as cancer and made me feel weak and unable to do this. Nerves were a terrible thing.

My friends came to look for me, that is my bridesmaids Jada, Amanda and Solana. Jada was my maid of honor while Santino was Elijah's best man. They complimented me by telling me how beautiful I looked, not even words could express it they said.

My wedding was pretty traditional and Elijah hated it. My little sister and brother were the flower girl and ring bearer.

The theme of our wedding was gold and white something we both decided with the wedding planner. My bridesmaids were dressed in beautiful gold dresses while the men wore black bow ties with the regular black Armani tailored suits. I peeked through the backroom of the cathedral as I sipped my water to remain hydrated and watched the procession of my wedding.

"Are you ready?" My father asked me as he held my face up.

"Yes," I exhaled.

"It's not too late to call this off Alyssa, you can cut off all ties with him today and I'll take you and Matteo back to Brooklyn," my mother said.

"Ma," I whined.

"Okay, okay," she kissed my cheek.

My dad outstretched his arm for me and I grabbed it with my left arm as my right held the sunflower bouquet. We waited for the pianist to switch the music to the traditional here comes the bride as we watched the entrance of everyone else of the bridal party.

When the music finally switched to here comes the bride my father has to literally pull me as we walked the aisle. My feet are as heavy as lead, my mouth is getting dry and my heart is thumping irregularly. But everything changes when I see Elijah, it's like no one else was there and he had my full attention. He's tall and irresistible and I can't seem to pull my eyes away from him as he stared me down. He doesn't know how I look yet since I'm under the veil, but as soon as my father lets go of me and walks away Elijah lifts my veil.

He stared deeply into my eyes, his stare so strong it felt like he was holding my soul by its throat in his hand. I could see the wavering of emotions passing through his golden eyes and it was when he wiped my tears away that I knew that I was crying.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered and closed his eyes shaking his head chuckling slightly as I noticed his glossy eyes. But before anyone else could, with one blink his moment of weakness disappeared and could've been something I imagined. His glossy eyes were gone.

Father Ezra proceeded the long talking that those priests always did at weddings. I barely listened as I tried my best not to shake.

"Do you Elijah Vittorio Rossini take Alyssa-Marie Soyinne Rowe to be your lawful wedded wife?" That's when I started to listen.

"I do," Elijah replied.

"And do you Alyssa-Marie Soyinne Rowe take Elijah Vittorio Rossini to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do," I answered.

Elijah moved forward to kiss me but Father Ezra stops him, "It's not time yet Mr. Rossini."