At this point, the whole pack was deathly silent and just nodded their heads obediently. But my ever stubborn best friend decided to open his mouth to blurt out something that would surely get him killed. Before he can speak though, Angel turns to him and lifts the mic again.

"Furthermore, I, Angel Roark, hereby reject Eric Lambert as my mate and Alpha."

"I challenge you!", he growled

"For what?"

"If I beat you, you will stay and be my luna. You will submit to me and take back your rejection."

"And if I win?"

"You won't win."

The brown haired guy behind Angel was struggling to contain his laughter. As if he knew Eric was asking for a death wish. Angel just sighed and blew out an exasperated breath.

"Challenge accepted. I'll try my very hardest not to kill you."

*^*^*

Aiden's pov

Finally this dick for brains will get what he deserves. When Angel joined our pack three years ago, she was tough. But as we got closer and my parents adopted her, I saw that she'd been broken repeatedly. And it took her months after that to come clean about what her old family and alpha's son had done to her. Since then, all I've wanted to do was rip Eric and Jake to pieces. I noticed Jake looking at me a couple times and I'd just smile innocently back. Angel may have lost one brother, but I vowed to be a better one.

I watched Angel now as she circled around Eric, knowing with pride that she would beat him within minutes. A guy like that who constantly sounds like a whiny bitch doesn't stand a chance against my sis. Even now as he was trash talking, his own pack looked worried for him.

Eric shifted, and without giving Angel a fair chance to shift, he pounced. Angel ducked to the ground and as Eric flew over her, she kicked upwards into his midsection. He landed on his right shoulder with a sickening crunch. Well-deserved though. If you challenge someone, attacking without giving your opponent time to shift is like shooting an unarmed man. It's playing dirty. Even if I knew Angel wasn't gonna shift anyway.

It was clear as Eric got up that he was dominant on his right side because he started putting more pressure on his left front leg than his right. Meaning his shoulder was probably dislocated and will take hours to heal. If he was smart, he'd give up now. But that's wishful thinking.

Angel stood her ground and waited for Eric to come at her. That's one of things she taught me. To stay calm and analyze your opponent's movements. Figure out what they'll do and counter. And it seems that Eric is gonna go head first into tackling her. As he ran forward and was a mere 3 feet from her, Angel bent her knees and reached out. Before Eric could turn his body, Angel hooked her arms under his front legs and lifted him up. Then she body slammed him so hard I thought I heard his spine snap.

Eric let out this horrible growling/crying sound and couldn't get up. Clearly this fight was over. The crowd looked at Angel with awe and fear.

"That's right you sons of bitches. Fear my little sis", I shouted in our little mind link
"We're the same age Aiden", Angel laughed
"I'm older by a month though."
"Pay attention you two", Blake said chuckling

The alpha and luna stepped forward and looked at their broken poor-excuse-of-an-alpha son.

"I think this means I've won", Angel said, "And I will keep my rejection." The alpha nodded at her awkwardly and turned back to his son.

"Someone get Eric to the medic now", he ordered

Two men walked up and tried to pick Eric up. Eric thrashed against them. They tried again, but this time locked their arms tightly around him, reducing Eric to a shaking, growling mess. If he could safely shift back, I'm sure he'd have a couple words to say about how it's not over. But even Eric is smart enough to know he can't shift until fully healed.

I went over to Angel and engulfed her in a bear hug. She hugged me back and I noticed Jake watching us, mainly me. I just smirked at him and tightened my hug. Then Angel pinched me and I jumped back. She smiled and went to grab the mic again.

"If I could have your attention please. Training starts Monday at 5am for anyone age 14 and older and this will be from Monday through Saturday. There will also be self defense for anyone ages 8 to 13 at 4pm after school, Monday through Friday. All training is mandatory and you'll need a valid excuse to skip out. Do. Not. Be. Late. Thank you."

Angel handed the mic back to the luna and signaled for us to leave.

"Well this will be a fun two months", I whispered to Dani as we got in my truck.