What Happens Now?

"You really are something else aren't you?!" he called out crazily with a huge smile on his face before he looked down at Sakura and rubbed his thumb on her cheek. I watched the interaction knowing full well that he was only doing it to get a rise out of me, but I just couldn't keep it down.

"If you want to keep your hands, I suggest you let her go." I all but growled when she closed her eyes and tried to tilt her face away. She's playing her part, now she's following the rules. We have standard protocol for if she were ever captured; she's following phase two: acting helpless.

"Now now, don't be hasty princess; I don't think you're in any position to be demanding things." the new man said looking deeply at my face before running his finger down Sakura's cheek. "And as for Miss Sakura here, stop acting all cute. It makes me want to just eat you up." he cackled while roughly patting her cheek. Her fake persona instantly dropped and she glared at the man from the corner of her eyes before refocusing on me.

She stayed still with absolutely no emotion on her face, she just kept her eyes trained on my own; the whiteness in her eyes made me miss the normal light purple color that usually rested there. She was waiting on my order for her to move or attack; yes she hated violence, but my sister wasn't some helpless little girl. I've made damn sure of that.

"Now, you will be coming with us back to the main house; you uncle wants to see both of you before the ritual begins." he said nonchalantly, almost like the thought of Sakura dying was meaningless, like it didn't matter. That's how all of these people were; all they cared about was the pay check in the end; all of them, every last one of them were just worthless mercenaries.

....

"I've had quite enough of all of this; of you people, of our uncle, of our family! How about you do us a favor for once, and take a message back to him in our place! Tell him to slit his own throat." Sora growled while glaring deeply between the man holding me and the new-comer. She was serious, I could hear it in her voice. The deep rage and hatred that our uncle had instilled in her will never fade; not even after his death. In a way I've always felt terrible for making her live such a deplorable life; if I hadn't survived birth she would've been born normally and the curse would've never mutated. She would be at the head of the family right now if it wasn't for me. 

A deep sadness washed over my chest as I looked away from the intensity her eyes held. I have never been able to read her thoughts but in these moments I know she wants nothing more than to see our family burn. Sometimes I wonder if she regrets my existence as much as I do. I know Sora doesn't enjoy me thinking so badly about myself, but I just cannot help in in these situations. 

"Unfortunately I can't do that." the man beside me commented while seeming to be lost in thought. I glanced up at him before focusing back down at the dirt when the one holding me roughly held my chin in place. Maybe it would be better if I was captured here, just as long as Sora got away; if my life would be taken, then she would receive the full bounty of the curse. She could be strong enough to take back the main house, to kill off those that oppose her without being held back by my foolishness. She could finally be the person she was always meant to be. To have the future that I stole from her. 

An image of Sora dressed in her ceremonial crimson flowered kimono flashed through my mind. She had always looked so beautiful in whatever she wore, but the power she emitted while wearing those sacred robes was enough to bring anyone to their knees. I took away that power, I took away her chances at ever being the Head of the house. It's all my fault. 

Just thinking this thoughts made the energy drain from my entire body, a deep sadness was wrapped around my entire soul as my emotions began to fade. This was how my story ends, it would be better this way.