Part Three: Chapter Ten

The quinjet was already in the air by the time Amie came to. Her head was killing her, and her body was still clammy from her earlier fit.

The vision Wanda had shown her immediately popped into her memory. Amie tensed up, pulling the blanket someone had given to her tighter around herself.

She didn't know what to make of it, real or not. Was that what was going to happen? Was she really that dangerous? Amie shivered, tears pricking her eyes.

"Amie?" Steve whispered to her. He was sat next to her, looking defeated and entirely lost. Amie wondered what Wanda had shown him.

Then she remembered hers.

Amie sucked in a panicked breath, burying her head in her hands, scooting away from the captain. She didn't want to hurt anyone, especially after what she had seen.

"You should get some rest. It's been a long day." He said, his eyes softening at her panicked state.

"N-no." She shook her head.

What if she closed her eyes, and that was all she saw? What if that same vision will play over and over in her head until she wakes up again?

What if she loses control?

"Almost there, everyone. Starting descent." Clint stated, "Sit tight."

Amie's eyes wandered to the other members of the team. Bruce was curled in a blanket, looking mortified. His face had lost all color, and his eyes were red. Natasha looked as if she wasn't all there, like she was trapped still in her vision. Bucky's eyes were closed, both hands clenched into tight fists. Part of his shirt was ripped right where his metal arm meets flesh, his shoulder cut up as if he tried to rip his own arm off. Thor just stared blankly out the front window, his jaw locked. Sam, Clint, and Tony seemed to be the only ones unaffected by Wanda's visions. They kept an eye on the others with grim expressions.

The quinjet soon landed, and everyone slowly piled out. Clint wrapped an arm around Natasha, helping her walk as if what she saw had affected her that badly. Amie stood up, shaky, her legs feeling like jello. She shedded the blanket, shivering as she exited the jet.

Steve placed an arm on her shoulder, trying to help her keep her balance, but Amy flinched, shrugging it off. She just wanted to be alone, and she didn't want anyone touching her.

"Where are we?" Tony asked.

"Can't say exactly. It's classified information." Clint said, "Just after I joined SHIELD I had Fury set something up."

They were literally in the middle of nowhere, no sign of life for miles and miles. In the center of it all was a house, surrounded by a farm, a silo, and some farming equipment.

The team entered the house, Clint going first. He immediately wiped his shoes on the doormat, hanging his bow by the door.

"Honey, I'm home!" He called.

A woman, a very pregnant woman, came out from the kitchen. Her eyes lit up when she saw Clint, hugging and kissing him like she hadn't seen him in a while.

"This is my wife, Laura." Clint introduced, "Honey, I hope you don't mind having some guests for a day or two."

"As long as they help with some chores, that's fine." She chuckled, "And... I know almost all of your names."

"This is Sam, Bucky, and Amelie." Clint said, "We've all had a tough day..."

"Looks like it." Laura began, but didn't get to finish her sentence because of the bounding footsteps coming down the steps.