Part Two: Chapter Ten

It felt like hours she was stuck there, and it honestly probably was hours. Amelie couldn't breathe properly from the smoke, shivered from the icy water that poured down on her, and every time the muscles in her shoulder spasmed her whole arm filled with excruciating pain.

She didn't know how long she could keep the rubble from crushing her anymore.

Tears leaked from her eyes, her whole body shaking with effort as the purple wall above her shook- no longer opaque like it originally was.

Being stuck in that chair made Amelie entirely more claustrophobic than she already was. It reminded her of the isolation room she was put in as punishment at Hydra. The damp walls, the three by three tiles that allowed her to sit only if she brought her knees tightly to her chest.

However, now things were worse. Way worse.

The rubble inched closer to Amie as the purple wall wavered. The teen gasped, eyes wide as dust and smaller chunks of foundation landed on top of her.

Amie sniffled, feeling the blood drip down her nostrils and tears soak the cuts on her face. She didn't have much time before she couldn't hold the rubble up anymore. The smoke would probably cause her to pass out, or she'd completely run out of energy.

Footsteps echoed down the hall passed the door- walking as if they were searching for something. Hope swelled in Amie's chest as she called out.

"Help! S-Somebody! Bitte!" She gasped, coughing on her sharp inhalations of smoke. The footsteps stopped, backtracking towards the door.

"Hello?" A voice called.

"In here!"

The door was busted open. Footsteps ran inside, followed by a string of swears.

"Amie?"

The girl sighed with relief, letting out a small sob as she pulled on the restraints.

"S-Sam." She cried, "I c-can't hold it u-up much longer-r."

In a matter of seconds, Sam was kneeling beside Amie's chair.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm going to get you out. Just keep it up for a moment." Sam took out his pocket knife, cutting the leather bounds that held Amie in place. Once the girl was free, he took ahold of her and pulled her out. The rubble immediately fell once the girl was free, crushing the chair.

Amelie completely broke down, sobbing into Sam's shoulder as she gripped onto him for dear life. Her whole body shook, clammy and feverish from the serum. She was terrified of the fact that she now had something else coursing through her veins. Amie not only felt vulnerable, but like she'd never be normal again. She was a prisoner to whatever Hydra injected her with.

"Hey- it's okay." Sam brought the girl to her feet, "You're safe now, Amie, but right now we gotta move. Can you walk?"

Still clinging onto Sam, she nodded, wiping her nose as they exited the room. Chaos was ensuing around them- SHIELD agents and Hydra personnel shooting at one another, running around as they tried to figure out who was on what side. Amie saw people she once trusted shooting as Hydra- betraying the company they swore to work for.

"Fury and Nat have a chopper. We're going to meet them outside." Sam explained, leading Amelie around the corner. The girl froze, stopping in her tracks. Fury? Fury was dead.

"He's alive?" Amie asked, her hazel eyes wide.

"Yeah... he faked his own death to go under the radar." Sam quickly explained, "He'll explain everything when you see him."