Part Three: Chapter Four

Nearly a week had passed since Steve and Sam had left for New York. Amie and Bucky were still cooped up in the apartment, getting updates every now and then from Steve. Tony's security systems usually beeped or made a house scan every once in a while- little drones that camouflaged themselves to the walls.

However, it was boring and extremely awkward.

Bucky didn't seem to sleep much. Amelie could hear him tossing and turning from her room at night. Sometimes she'd hear him get up and pour himself a cup of coffee, and when she'd peek through the door he was reading his notebook.

Amie was one to stay up as well. She never told Steve about staying up late, or he'd take her to see someone about sleep therapy or something. However, she couldn't sleep sometimes. Most of the time she'd read, or close her eyes until she did manage to fall back asleep.

This particular evening, Amelie had a bad dream.

She forgot most of it once she woke up, but the fearful, paralyzed feeling never left her body once she was up. Her hands were clammy and her pulse was racing. There was a weight in her chest that told her something was terribly wrong.

Immediately when she woke up she closed her eyes and found Steve. He was at the Avenger's Tower, with the rest of the team looking at maps and programs and such. She barely understood any of it, but at least he was okay.

However, she still felt like something was wrong.

Carefully she got out of bed, limping out of her room and into the living room. Bucky was awake, sitting up on the pullout couch, staring out the window.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked, his eyes not leaving the window. Amie shook her head, her heart still racing. She sat opposite him, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her chin on top of it.

"Bad dream." She whispered. Her gaze followed his, and out the window she saw Tony's drone, hovering nearly invisible right outside the apartment, "You?"

"More or less the same thing." He rubbed his eyes, letting out a sigh.

They sat in silence for a minute. Amelie moved her stare from the window to Bucky, studying him. Something still felt wrong- her stomach was churning uneasily in her stomach. As peaceful as the night was...

"You kept the serial number." She said suddenly.

"What?"

"The serial number on the camera. You blurred the lens- kept the footage... but you didn't touch the serial number." Amelie stood up, her hands clammy. She limped, pacing, her hearing racing faster, "You knew if I saw it I could find it."

"I knew Hydra would be closing in... if they found me, then there was the chance they'd find you too." Bucky sat up further, "Amelie, are you okay?"

The girl grimaced each time she put weight on her ankle, but continued to pace.

"Something is wrong... very wrong..." she shook her head, "If you knew they were coming... they knew..."

She paled, "Th-they know."

Bucky stood up, "Know what."

The young girl turned to the drone watching them through the window. Her eyes turned a deep purple, fixated on Tony's device- his device that could be hacked- or maybe it wasn't Tony's device at all.

The drone began to hiss and spark, and then crumpled in on itself before falling to the ground. Amelie wiped the small dot of blood that came from her nose, her eyes meeting Bucky's again.

"We have to go." She whispered, "Right now."

"Go get your stuff." Bucky was tense, his eyes widened and his flesh hand clenched into a shaky fist, "Quickly."