Chapter Seven

New Cover for, "The Perfect Couple!"

"Oh! I remember now."

Note: Hello Readers,
This story has now begun to reach a place where we will see the actual plot being revealed. New characters are going to be introduced and things are about to get heated. Can our perfect couple withstand the heat? Only the future can tell, or maybe the past. Enjoy! - The Estrange Writer

*(Thoughts are written in Italic)*

The day went along productively for both Ram and Priya. She had her lectures and he spent the entire day engulfed in his files and meetings. However, their thoughts did linger into their personal lives a few times during the working hours. The recent events had spicened up there thoughts and a lot was being thunk up in rememberane. But one thing was for sure; they both had a tiresome day and couldn't wait to get to the comforting walls of their home.

Priya was able to go through the day quite well; forgetting about Eshalla. In fact her plan to leave the thought of the woman, had gone quite well since she didn't even think about Esha once after her decision.
She did however, wonder what her husband's day was like. What he would be doing at the very moment whilst he was on her mind. All to be addressed when she would see him the evening to come.

Even though Ram's day was hectic, his mood didn't change from the night before; he was still happy. Seeing Esha again made him feel nostalgic. His thoughts for the day consist mostly of things from his past. Way before Priya and him. The good old days.
It had been a while since he had imagined a time where Priya wasn't part of his life; since now, he wouldn't even entertain the thought of her not being there.

But Eshalla Chabra and him. The both of them were once very inseparable. If he ever had a flaw, Esha definitely knew of it. She was his good friend and back then their relationship knew no bounds. That was the level of comfort they shared.

Surviving school days would of been hell without Esha. They were so close that their relationship did irk many.
He was also made aware of the fact that people actually thought they were a couple, but decided not to address the rumor; for he understood the grounds on which their relationship stood at that time.

In fact they discussed it among themselves many times over, and they both quite liked the arrangement they had. Just the fact of being there for each other when needed was enough. He had Vikram, of course no doubt, but when Vikram had Neha to deal with, Ram wasn't left alone. Esha was there too. There to be that cliche bestfriend of the opposite sex that every male student needed.

Now, the only relationship they have, was remembering the comfort factor they once shared. The years did damage to the once coveted, unbreakable connection they shared during their college days.

A big part of why they were so close was that both their fathers were business partners. They grew up forcefully going to business parties and gatherings together. Both at first shy little kids but soon after had grown keen to each other. It wasn't hard after for Vikram to accept her into the gang since Ram deemed her worthy of being an honorary member of the squad.

It's crazy how you can be so close to someone yet not fully know or understand them for yourself. Ram's mind caught that thought today but he quickly dismissed it. Not wanting to put to much thought into that in particular for some reason.

One thing was clear, and that was that they both needed to make up for all the time passed. The time where they didn't even care for knowing the whereabouts of each other. The period where their personal priorities engulfed them both. They were great friends, but why did they just seem to forget one another?