Chapter Three

"Only you!"

"Priya, are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Ram asked with an unreadable look on his face. When Priya heard Ram, she prayed to God in her mind, for it not to be about the same thing she was thinking about moments ago. "No, what happened baby, what do you see?" She said with a straight face, crossing her fingers under the table, waiting in anticipation for him to reveal his thoughts.

"That guy over there, at the table on left" Ram said with a hint of anger shown his face expression. That moment when he said it, all hell broke loose in Priya's mind. "God!" she thought, she knew her tycoon too well and could even predict what he was about to say next.

"That guy, he's been staring at you with that stupid look on his face since we got here. Babe, to be honest, I really don't want to spoil my night with you, but the sight of his fucking face is beginning to irritate me now and I can't take it anymore." Ram said. By now you could see the visible anger shown on his face.

"Ram then don't spoil it! Calm down will you, your speaking loud and people are staring" Priya pleaded with him, but it didn't do too well with Ram because he was already aggravated. It also didn't long for him to dash in with his reply saying, "No! The only fucking person I see staring is that prick over there."

"Ram I said calm down, besides you're over reacting. How do you know what he is thinking? He must be thinking about how lovely we look together baby, so please forget him and let's enjoy the rest of the evening." Priya said in the subtlest tone, trying to change Ram's mindset. This is because, to her, she could handle being uncomfortable because of a creepy man staring at her, but Ram's anger was sometimes unbearable and she was in no mood to argue. Too bad her pleads went in vain.

"No Priya!" Ram blatantly said. "You're too innocent, besides that, Baby I know the thoughts of a man when he looks at a woman like that." She didn't even give him a chance so fully explain as she cut him across asking, "So you look at woman like that?" In a frustrated tone, Ram hurried with his reply saying, "What, my God Priya of course not. I would..., you know what! Stop trying to change the topic. Now let me go over there and ask him what the fuck he's staring at?" Ram's sarcastic tone sounded a bit psychotic.

"Ram, No you will not! You will sit right here and not create a scene. Are you mad? Ram please forget him baby and let's enjoy our evening. Don't tell me that you made me dress up so pretty for nothing. You, yourself look so handsome. I mean, to be honest, I rather have you over any dessert right now." As soon as Priya said that, a smile appeared upon Ram's face.

Yes! Now that's my sexy man. Stay like this please." She said, smiling back at him. He reached over the table and took her hands in his saying, "I'm sorry Priya, and I really am. You know how I feel about you. You know how I feel when people look at what's mine. Also I felt as if he was disrespecting you by looking at you in that way. I'm sorry, Ok! I promise from now on I wouldn't think about that bastard anymore." After he said that, they just spent a light moment staring into each other's eyes when Ram broke the silence saying, "So what were you saying just now Mrs. Kapoor? That you would rather have me over dessert," Priya just blushed hiding her face in her palms.

"Hm mm, tell me, from when did my wife become so bold in her talks?" taking and kissing her hand he continued saying, "I guess it's the Ram Kapoor effect that's been getting to you. Yes! We are now getting to see the naughty side of Mrs. Kapoor." He said laughing at her. "Shut up!" she said snatching away her hands  from him while he continued teasing her with his laughter.

"OK! Ok! Baba, I'm done now." He said recovering from his laughter. "Now let me take my queen home so I can have her all to myself." Ram said with a devilish smile on his face. "You know what Mr. Kapoor? You are so shameless, you know that?" Priya said to Ram waiting for his great come back. "Hey! Hey! You're the one who started this talk Ok Mrs. Besides; it's just that I'm shameless because my wife is so fucking sexy." Ram said smiling and staring at her with his perfectly structured, chiseled, handsome manly face.

She couldn't blush; she just bit her lips and closed her eyes thinking, "Gosh! Hell, he knows what he's doing. Oh God Priya, you can't get turned on in a restaurant. Just ignore Ram's talks." She opened her eyes to see him still staring at her. "What were you thinking baby?" he asked with a mischievous look in his eyes. She didn't waste any time in her reply, she said, "Nothing! Can we go now please?" Priya asked Ram trying to hide the redness on her cheeks.

Their banter continued till they were finally home after a long drive. It was 10pm when they got back. They were hand in hand with each other, heading towards the front door of Kapoor Mansion, just taking in the coldness of the late night. "Thank you so much Ram! I really enjoyed my night a lot." Priya said as she tiptoed to Ram's side and kissed him on his cheek. His lips curved into a smile as he turned and looked at her. She too was still looking at him. Their eyes glistened during their deep eye lock as they just melted in each other's serenity.

"Come on, let's go inside before they get worried and start ringing down our phones," she said turning with a smile still plastered on her face and Ram followed still trapped in her trance. In Kapoor Mansion the entire family was still awake discussing about one of the most important functions in a Kapoor's life: the Grand Annual Anniversary of Kapoor Industries.

"Krishna, we should definitely have it at the old mansion. There is where Armanath would want it," said Dadi, Ram's beloved Grandmother. Armanath Kapoor was Ram's father and Dadi's only son. He founded Kapoor Industries and before he died He made his eldest son; Ram, CEO of the business.

"Ma, we should let Ram decide, maybe he has plans to..." Krishna didn't even get timed to finish talk since  just then Ram and Priya came into the room and Ram cut  his mother over saying, " No ma, not at all. We will go by Dadi's decision only.

"Arrey, Gulo puttar, you came back?" Ram's Dadi asked welcoming back her favorite grandson. "Yes Dadi, It was fine. We had a great time." Ram said to his grandmother as he came and hugged her. After Ram hugged her, she saw Priya and called to her. "Oye, Priya beti, come here." Priya obeyed and went to Dadi hugging her and then asking, "Yes Dadi, you called?"

Dadi then proceeded to say, "I am so blessed to have to with my grandson. You can visibly see the happiness on his face and how handsomely he is glowing because of you. Ram's face flushed in embarrassment of what Dadi was saying to Priya. Priya herself was too shy to even reply to Dadi. But that was no problem. Dadi had her ways of excluding any type of feeling of shyness from the option bar. You would just end up saying what you really wanted to say with her.

"No Dadi, It's me who is the happy one. I'm happy that I can be a part of this family. This big, caring and loving family that I belong to now. This place makes me contemplate on if my home before was ever truly my home. "Priya beti, you make me feel as if I can die peacefully now." Before Dadi could even finish Ram cut in warning, "Dadi please don't say this ya!"

"No Ram, I mean it. When Armanath told me you chose Priya as your Bride and he agreed with the match, I admit I was a bit hesitant, because you were my beloved child but now I know my son hasn't made any mistake with his choice." When Dadi said this Priya went to touch her feet and Dadi blessed her saying, "Kushu beta!"

Both Dadi and Priya were crying tears of joy from the emotional moment they had. They both wiped their tears and smiled. Ram just stood there enjoying the bond between his grandmother and wife. To him he was the most blessed.

"So Krishna, you heard my grandson, we will have the party at the old mansion, just as Armanath would want it." Dadi said with full joy. "Yes of course Ma," Krishna said.

Priya then went and stood next to Ram and whispered in his ears, "What are you smiling about?" "What do you mean? I must smile, I'm a happy man," Ram replied to Priya whispering while the others talk. "Oh really?" Priya said. "Then why are you happy then?" she further asked. "Well... Why don't we go upstairs and I'll show you what I'm happy about?" he said turning to her waiting for her reply. Priya didn't say anything to him, she just turned and walk towards the others saying, "Well guys, Ram's tired so we will be going to bed now, don't wake to late, good night guys, and see you tomorrow."

After saying this she walked directly passed Ram. He just stood there totally dumbfounded in the same spot. Just then Priya spun back and looked at him saying, "Well Mr. Kapoor... Don't you have something to show me?" biting her lips, she winked at him and walked off. "H hhaa... yes Priya..." he said immediately with his unclear tongue twisted words while he followed her as if he was under some sort of spell.

In your heart,

The Estrange Writer.