Independence Day Part 1

Start from the beginning

The Flash sped through the city. He scoured several city blocks to help evacuate any remaining citizens. Barry activated his comms. "Bats, I've cleared the last of the civilians. What's our status?" He hears a loud explosion before the Man of Steel is launched through an apartment building. "You okay Supes?"

Superman, the Man of Steel, replied with a heavy groan. "I've been better." Getting up, he stretched his arms. "Lousey magic..."

Gargoyles and Wraiths took to the skies as they targeted the sleek bat shaped jet soaring above. The Batwing's artillery guns fired several missiles at a swarm while being chased from another squad. Batman, the Dark Knight, shook his head. "Not ideal." The smoking entities behind him gathered flames in their jaws, ready to unleash.

Suddenly, a pair of heroes with giant wings tailed the Dark Knight and the flying squadron. A simple mace crushed the opposition. Hawkman took a deep breath. "This is getting old," Hawkman declared. "I've taken out like fifty of those things, already."

Beside him, Hawkwoman rolled her eyes. "You're just mad that I'm still in the lead." Hawkwoman snarked before stretching her dominant arm. "Still, you're not wrong. We need to pull the plug on this."

Batman grunted in acknowledgment. "It's clear Wotan came prepared for the League's interference." The Batwing fires a hailstorm of projectiles at Wotan's pyramid only for them to not even scratch the magical barrier.

Flash ran towards the fray. "No kidding."

Batman pulled up higher into the air. "I need to locate Zatara so we can regroup for a counterattack."

Dodging incoming magical bolts, Flash vibrated is fist before punching straight into a golem's torso. "I'll get Canary and GA." He switched channels. "Canary. Arrow. You copy?" No response. Barry groaned before a loud screech echoed a few blocks down. "Better than my car keys." Approaching the area, Flash witnessed his friend cleaning up the last of the block.

The female fighter with long blonde hair dodged a stone fist. Her distinctive costume included a black one-piece bustier-leotard, gray stockings, boots, fingerless gloves, and a blue jacket. Black Canary dropped kicked a wraith before it dissipated into smoke. With another scream, the stone warrior shattered to pieces before catching her breath. Seeing sudden movement in the corner of her eye, she pivots, ready to strike. Just as her heel was an inch from the torso, she glared at the nonchalant crimson speedster. "Took you long enough." She took the chance to catch her breath. "I need a drink when this is over."

They head a growl from above as a stray gargoyle dived for them. Dinah looked at the thing with an annoyed expression. Before the beast could attack, a blur flies by, freezing it solid before fracturing into pieces. "First rounds on me." Flash and Dinah turn to see the Emerald Archer jump down from his vantage point. "Late as always, Flash." Green Arrow loaded another explosive arrow just in case. "So? We got a Plan B or what? I'm not an expert on this magic crap."

Batman didn't tell Flash the precise details of the plan. "Uh, we're working on getting Zatara back, but we need to get everyone together."

Suddenly, the trio hears a chorus of inhuman wails coming from above. Taking a battle stance, they readied themselves for another wave of summons. To their surprise, lumps of flaming entities crashed around them as they burnt to ash.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Arrow called out to no direction in particular. "Thanks for the help, Supes!"

However, a much deeper voice replied. "You're welcome, but I'm not Superman!"

The trio's eyes widened before turning above. They were not expecting a flaming bipedal rock monster.

Remembering the invasion seven years ago, Green Arrow quickly fired an ice arrow. "Fire Lord!"