13

(Dallons POV)

School the next day wasn't too bad at first if I'm being fair. Zack was absent so he wasn't bothering me and without Zack, Kenny kept his distance. Mostly because Brendon threw him into a locker and threatened him when he looked at me. Yikes. "I don't like when you do that. Fighting is no good babe." I say while looking at him and he shrugs and grabs my hand. "I don't like when they look at you like that." Brendon mutters and I stop walking, confused. It was lunch time and neither of us were hungry so we were walking the halls, which is when we ran into Kenny. Idiot.

"Like what?" I ask and he sighs and squeezes my hand. "Like there's something wrong with you. It, it pisses me off because you're so fucking handsome and you have such a kind heart and you deserve to be treated with respect. You're my world Dal. And no one should treat my world like trash when you deserve so much more." Brendon says and I can feel myself getting teared up. "Aw hey baby no, don't cry cmere sweetie." He says and engulfs me into a hug, which I immediately accept. "You're so sweet Bren. You sweetheart oh my god." I mumble into his neck and press a kiss to his jaw.

"I meant every word okay? You better believe it too, cause it's true." He says and I pull him in for a kiss. Immediately I heard a cough and we both jump back from eachother and look over. Principal Davens. Goddamnit. "Boys, office." He says and Brendon raises his eyebrows. "Why?" He asks and out of nervous habit, I grab Brendons hand for comfort. "Because I said so, and stop with that." He says while pointing to our hands and starts walking, gesturing for us to follow. "Bet he's gonna be homophobic. I'll bet my life on it." I mumble, my heart dropping. Brendon just squeezes my hand and gives me a look that says "Don't worry I got this" and I believe him. I know he does.

We get to his office and we both sit down, waiting for him to speak. "You boys do know this school has a big pda issue." He says while folding his hands on his desk and I look at him confused. "Sir I see couples making out and stuff in the halls all the time and no one says anything." I say and he nods, and presses his lips onto a thin line as he does so. "Mr. Weekes you see. The issue is, homosexuality isn't encouraged here." He says and my heart drops as I look at Brendon. When the fuck has that ever been an issue? "Mr. D that's very, how do I put this, discrimative of you. Don't you think?" Brendon says calmly but he was not calm. I could see his fist clenched under the desk, so hard his knuckles were pure white. I reach over and brush my finger tips over his knuckles and he immediately reaches and grabs my hand.

"It's only fair. No one wants to be exposed to that. You've been told about this before Brendon. Warned." Mr. Davens says and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "And you think I wanna be exposed to a bunch of straighties making out in the halls? I get the whole pda thing but when it's for a the only reason being that it's two males, that's when I get mad. Homophobia is childish." Brendon says, his voice tense with anger. I had nothing to say because he was honestly saying everything on my mind. "And we won't stop it either because if straight couples can than we have every right to show eachother love in public too." I say, much softer than Brendon. "You have iss no matter what." He says with a smirk and Brendon stands up.

"No the fuck we don't. Listen here you little bitch, I don't care who you are. I will not stand by and be treated this way because I'm gay. And you sure as hell won't be treating my boyfriend this way either." Brendon says and Mr. Davens stares at him amused. I wanted to punch him. "Okay suspension it is then." Mr. Davens says while writing something down. "Okay see you in court then." I say and he laughs. "Try it and you faggots will never step foot in my building again." Mr. Davens says and my jaw literally fucking dropped. Faggots? He just really called us.. I look at Brendon and he looked so pissed. His face was bright red, jaw clenched. If this wasn't such a serious situation I would say he looks so hot right now but I guess that's inappropriate in the moment.