5

(Dallons POV)

I woke up to someone knocking loudly at my door. It sounded frantic. I sit up slowly, confusion filling me. I glance over at my clock, and my eyes widen. 2:36AM. Who in the hell is banging at my door at this hour? Is someone trying to break in? Surely not it doesn't sound like that, at least I don't think so. My mom is a heavy sleeper so I doubt she can even hear it. Plus she sleeps with like 10 fans on to block out noise. Maybe I too should start doing that. I slowly get put of bed, slipping on a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, and head downstairs. Answering the door in my boxers is just not gonna happen. I slowly walk over to the door, my heartbeat felt as if it was going a million miles per hour. What if someone is trying to break in? I slowly walk over to the window, and peer out the curtains.

Brendon? What's he doing here?! I unlock the door and pull it open, still confused. The sight before me makes my stomach flip and I hurriedly pull him inside. "What's wrong, what happened?" I ask, concern filling me. Dried blood was under his nose, and all over his shirt indicating he got a nose bleed. Tiny scratches were all over his face. The bruise on his jaw looked even worse. "I..I.. I don't know." He says, tears streaming down his face. "Okay, okay it's okay c'mon let's get you cleaned up." I say and go into the downstairs bathroom. I have him sir on the edge of the tub, as I grab the first aid kit.

I cover a piece of gauze in peroxide and gently grab his head as I rub it softly across his face. He winces a bit but doesn't say anything. It probably stung. "Are you sure you don't know who did this?" I ask and he stares at me with sad eyes. "No.." He mumbles. Once I finished I put bandaids on the cuts that looked bad. "Are you hurt anywhere else?" I ask and he stands up. He pulls his shirt over his head and oh my god. Bruises were everywhere. I then notice the long cut that went from his elbow all the way up to his wrist on his arm. It didn't seem like it was recently done either.

Is this why he's afraid to walk the streets? Is he jumped often? I frown at the thought and without second thought I pull him into a hug, wrapping my arms around him protectively. I couldn't help it. I was surprised when he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me back. I let him on into my shoulder as I rubbed his back. "I..I'm so..so sick of th-this. I-I can't.." He sobs and my heart felt like it was breaking just listening to how broken he sounded. So this is a reoccurring thing? That's so fucked up. "Who did this?" I ask and he balls up fistfulls of my shirt with his hands and a loud sob makes its at from his mouth. Who hurt him this bad? Who would want to hurt him this bad? To the point where he's uncontrollably sobbing.

Like I get he puts on this bad boy reputation at school but that's no reason to beat him up, especially this badly. "C-can't say." He mumbles into my shirt and I frown and continue to rub his back. "It's okay,  you're okay now." I mumble in his ear in an attempt to comfort him. His hands clench onto my shirt tighter, and he started to shake from how hard he was crying. I can't tell if he's crying to be from the physical or emotional pain, but I could only guess it's both. "I'm not going anywhere okay? I'll be right here with you. Not going anywhere." I say softly. "P-promise?" He says and I wrap my arms around him tighter and rest my head on top of his gently. "I swear on my life." I say and after a few minutes he started to calm down, the only sound was him hiccuping every now and then. Brendon lifts his head off me and I let go of him when his arms drop to his sides.

His beautiful brown eyes were bright red and puffy, eyebags clearly visible. I frown a bit and he sniffles. "I'll wash your shirt for you, and you can wear one of mine okay?" I say and he softly nods, and rubs at his eyes. I lead him to my room and tell him he's welcome to pick any shirt to wear that he wants. I sat down on my bed and let Brendon do his thing. He picked a plain black sweater, and hurriedly pulls it over his head. It was big on him. Wasn't too visible but the sleeves were clearly longer and he looked so adorable. "Does it look dumb?" He asks and my heart melted. "You look cute." I say and he smiles slightly.