I didn't notice him before but when I did, I knew he could rip the soul of my body and I will dare not scream. He had such strong magic aura around him that It was almost visible to someone common as me.

"Can we move forward with the wedding now?" Bretrarum asked in a bored tone not affected by the powerful man in front of me.

King looked annoyed, angry and didn't have words to say.

"Marriage is just in name Prince, she is yours in lives to come. Red flame means bound by heart, mind, and soul. Your blood is magically intertwined, Prince. That means you were meant to find each other no matter what." He explained explaining her relationship on a whole other level.

It was not just feelings and desire or care and like, it was love bounded by fate and magic.

But I was taught magic was not good.

And yet when he said that our blood intertwined I knew what he meant, it felt like my whole being called out to Bretrarum and I was helpless with his simple gaze or smile.

I was both relieved and anxious at the same time. Because of no matter the fate and the love, there were Kingdoms between us, the hate of the King of Nevarlia and soon Sorceresses of mountains. We can't go against the whole world just because our soul is meant for each other.

 But all my negative thoughts washed away as soon as I saw Bretrarum's expression he reserved only for me, of adoration and sparkle of joy. He was happy that I was his 'soul mate'.

"Do you trust me now?" He whispered to me as we bowed to the present crowd having mixed reactions to our destiny.

And it that moment I did, with my whole heart because even in this scenario that was his first priority, to win back my trust.

I just smiled and his grip tightened on my hand understanding that I did trust him.

We exchanged the rings and terrified people started calming down as Dark prince peacefully placed the blessed ring on me and I did the same. But as soon as I did, I felt a jolt in my body too hard that my heart jumped to the throat.

"A blessing of soul." The old man who was talking earlier said sounding astonished again.

"If one lives other lives as well." He said and I turned to look at Bretrarum.

We had contradictory blessings at the moment. If I die, so does Bretrarum. But if either of us lives, neither of us die. Does that nullify the binding witches put on us?

"You are now blessed to get married, rejoice." The old man's powerful voice boomed earning applaud from everyone, even who didn't think of me as an apt choice for the formidable Prince.

And then whole temple shock.

"They are here," Bretrarum whispered just sounding very angry.

But for some reason, I felt happy, "Too many people are against our wedding."

I saw the anger in his eyes drown for a moment and replaced with amusement,  "You are a little too happy for an impending war."

I shrugged not sharing the fact that as skeptical as I was of us being together, it was fated and that gave me some kind of relief a sense of security that I needed because trust me when I tell you people lie that they can live alone, you might not realize but you need someone, anyone to be your safe place.

Bretrarum was my Godsend safe place.

"Your father might be a part of it, he previously helped Henley in attacking my Kingdom." I shared with him and saw his eyes darken with rage.