scars ~ dorbyn

Corbyn

i always wore sweatshirt because it covered my scars. my ugly, ugly scars. the sweatshirt never came off unless I was alone.

especially because of him. what would he say if he k we about them. i know he watches me all the time, I know he thinks it's my fault, he thinks I did it.

the look he gives me, it just makes me want to scream. and i know that if he saw my scars, he'd hate me forever.
He didn't understand, no one did. The only people who possibly could were dead.

I walked into school with my head down. I could hear his laughter all the way down the hall, and I knew he was making his way to me like he did every day.

"W-we need to talk," he said in all seriousness. And I risked a glance into his blue eyes. They were full of sadness and blame. Almost the same, but the sadness was new, and it was a different kind of blame.

I started to shake my head but he grabbed my wrist causing me to hiss, that's when I noticed my sleeve was rolled up a couple of inches, exposing one of my worst scars. It went up to my shoulder, but no one except the doctors have ever seen it.

He drug me into the locker rooms, but i tugged my arm every second of the way, wanting desperately to get away. the locker room was empty but it wouldn't be for long- morning weights would start soon.

"Pl-please... Dont" i whispered as he dropped my wrist. i backed into a locker and he sighed, his head dropping for a moment before he looked me in the eyes.

"corbyn, talk to me...tell me what happened?"

"i-i don't know wh-" i started, shaking my head

"please. i need to know." he pleaded, blue eyes wide.

"Wh-why. why should I tell you, how do I know you'll listen?" I hissed, ripping my sleeve back down to cover my skin.

"I'll listen" he nodded. "i promise" Daniel Seavey was a lot of things, but a liar wasn't one of them. I gulped, but I didn't understand. How did he piece it together so fast? Maybe he hadn't and he just wondered about the scar.

Either way, he'd find out the truth. I swallowed dry, looking into his eyes again.

"I- i... It was 6 years ago, I was 11, you were 12. You know what happened up until the point where you l-left... You left while your mum still had dessert in the oven. Our f-fathers were talking about guns or something, I dont remember. Someone knocked, but I was the only one who heard it. Mum always said not to answer the door but when they knocked again I had to.
i jus- i had to answer it." i broke off, choking back tears as i wiped my face.

"So I went over and I opened the door. And I don't know what happened after that, I woke up and the house was on fire, I was in a car and the man at the door was in the front. He told me not to say anything. he-he s-said he'd hurt me" i whimpered.

"I'm not sure what happened while I was away, I blocked most of it out, but the police found me a year later, on my birthday. I was knocked out and covered in scars and bruises. I dont know who the man was or how the house caught on fire, but it wasn't on purpose and I didn't set fire" I finished. Daniel flinched when I looked into his eyes. I saw pain and regret.

"All the adults told me you were staying with an aunt" the blond trembled. I shook my head, tears brimming my eyes. Sometimes... In the shower my hands lingered over the scars and bits and pieces would come back. But I dont want them to. They're scary.

"C-can I see?" Before either of us could make another peep first bell rung. And I high-tailed it out of there. I knew he'd want to talk more.

I shuffled through the halls and sat through the classes my head already full, a headache pounding at my skull. At lunch daniel and his friends, Jonah, zach and Jack as well as their girlfriends, Tate and Gabbie stopped at my table.