two

"How do I look?"

Theo twisted and turned in the mirror checking just about every angle possible in the new outfit she bought just for today. The nearly skin-tight black dress was just about the furthest from what she would ever wear to work but she was trying something different for once. Especially when coming face to face with such an infamous mystery of a person.

"Badass. And since it's a scoop neck I'd suggest wearing your hair up with a simple pair of earrings. As for shoes, you can never go wrong with stilettos." Alex added as she lounged across the bed.

"Alright. Should I wear a blazer over it? I don't want to be too unprofessional."

"Definitely, but wear the one with the single button in the center so you can keep it open because no dress like that should be covered up."

She hurried to add on the quick additions and made sure to use her best gel when brushing her hair up into a painfully tight ponytail. As she looked at her reflection staring back she noticed just how the updo enhanced her natural beauty. For what felt like the first time in her life, she then added just a tad bit of highlight onto her cheekbones and went with her usual brown lip. 

"Thanks for dropping by last minute. I don't know why I've worked myself up over this guy when he's just another client. Why am I so nervous?" 

"Maybe because your career may just depend on it and you're walking into unknown territory with a man the world knows nothing about, perhaps," Alex answered without fail.

She stood again and smoother her hands over her outfit, ridding it of any wrinkles.

"Right. Do I look good?"

She carefully spun around showcasing the finished look.

"You look stunning. He won't even be able to focus on a thing you say. Are you heading into it alone?"

"I do want him to feel more at ease, so yeah. Don't want to ambush the guy."

"But the most important thing is that you feel safe." She reminded her.

"I know. If it turns out that he's some sadistic psychopath I'll have you to thank for all those self-defense classes you forced me to." Theo replied.

"You're welcome in advance."

"I should head out now."

"Where are you meeting him again?"

"Elite headquarters. We'll probably end up going somewhere more comfortable afterward."

"You know what to do if you need a cop-out. All you gotta do is text me the safe word and I will immediately call you in a fit of tears." Alex reminded her.

"Whatever would I do without you?"

"You'll never have to know. Let's head out before you get too nervous." 

*

As soon as she arrived, it was as if every reassuring thought she had just suddenly gone out the window. It was a first for Theo. Her reputation was built upon her inspiring confidence when it came to her stories upon the world's most influential people. She was not only talking to an actual god, but there was so much pressure on her shoulders to nail it at the same time.

"Theo, you got this." She muttered to herself before she finally left the comfort of her car. 

She then confidently strode into the building and felt a newfound sense of ease once she made it into her second home. Once she spotted her trusty assistant, the eager to please worker hurried to her side.