An Abrupt Awakening

Voices crowded over your senses, overwhelming you as moving figures bustled around you.

"Is it functioning?"

"Give it more power! We need to get this thing up and running."

"Where are the power cables?"

"Someone hand me that cloth over there!"

"It won't be long now, Y/n. Your creation will be revolutionary."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your eyes shot open and your chest heaved up and down. Your E/C eyes darted around the room in a frenzy, your brain trying desperately to register your surroundings and your location. Everything was so dark, you couldn't see a thing. What was happening? Where were you? Who were you? What is going on?

Once you had managed to collect yourself, you slowly pulled yourself into a seated position and looked around. Your eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness around you, and you could see the outlines of certain objects.

You threw your legs over the side of the cold hard bench you were previously lying on and pushed yourself into a standing position. You didn't stay like this for long however when your knees buckled, sending you tumbling onto the floor. You grunted at the impact with the cold hard floor and pushed yourself into a seated position. That did not go as planned.

You looked down at your bare body and clenched and unclenched your hands. 'What...is this...?' You thought to yourself as you watched your hand movements steadily. You were knocked out of your thoughts as something dropped in the distance, surprising you.

You looked up and squinted into the darkness around you. Suddenly, beams of light shot out of your eyes, illuminating the room. Your eyes widened at this newfound ability as well as what was inside of the room.

Lined along the walls and floors were hundreds of robots with no features added to them whatsoever. The majority of them were either worn or broken down while some others stood in perfectly good condition. You used the bench to pull yourself to your feet. A light metal tag clanged against your bare chest, drawing your attention to it.

You reached up and rested the metal tag against your palm as it hung from your neck on a thin silver chain. What was this thing? Had you always had it? You let the tag drop against your chest and you turned towards one of the fallen robots beside you.

The robot laid beside you, unmoving. You bent down and brought its broken head into your arms and straightened. You then looked down at its empty face. No emotion. It looked just like a doll, with its bare body and faceless head. No eyes, no mouth, no nose, nothing. You blinked down at the robot and looked around. A dark hole then caught your attention out of the corner of your eye, making you turn towards it.

The robot's head clanked against the ground as you released your grip on it. You looked up at the huge hole in the wall as well as the bars and wires sticking out of the sides of it. It was obvious that something had happened in this room, and you weren't as keen to find out what it was. You stared up at the hole for who knows how long before turning away from it.

"How do I get out of this room...?" You asked yourself and walked forwards whilst being careful to avoid stepping on any of the fallen robots. You had no idea who they were, but you felt as if you should pay your respects to them by not treading on them.

At the other side of the room, there were two large doors which looked to weigh a ton or so. You stared up at the doors with a childlike curiosity. Without a second thought, you stumbled towards the doors and rested your palms against the cold metal. You then breathed in and pushed against them with all your might.