Disapproved

Steve isn't captain America, but he is built as if he took the serum and Bucky isn't the winter soldier they still are best friends though

He goes by James not Bucky

Summary: Steve mom doesn't approve of James

James was your typical punk bad boy, although he wasn't at all bad when it came to Steve, he always had a soft spot for him. James was associated with bad people which caused him to have a bad life, however he made a promise that he would give Steve the best life he could. He always made sure that Steve stayed away from all the bad in his life. Either way, that didn't make him stop loving James any less.

Good or bad life, Steve was in it for the long run and James knew that. He just got scared sometimes that Steve will leave. In Steve's eyes though, he was the most perfect boyfriend ever, despite what anyone else might think. James was always there for Steve when he needed him. He was always such a gentleman towards Steve and his family, even if they were always rude towards him.

Though, his family thought different about James. Mostly because they saw all his tattoos first rather than the actual human being. It was mostly his mom who had a problem with him, Steve's dad accepted the fact that he was happy and supported them. But his mom always kept saying how he can do better, she always wanted the perfect guy for him, like the one you see in movies. When she found out about James, she was livid that Steve chose him.

She would always ask if they're still together and each time he answered with 'yes' she always felt the need to add a scoff or an eye roll. Steve never said anything about it, he figured she'd grow out of it. But she never stopped and he finally had enough.

"So, you and James are still happening?" He mentally rolled his eyes,"Yes mom." Then she scoffed. Like she always did. Steve felt anger bubble up inside him again.

"Why do you always do that? You ask about him then you just have to be rude like that. Why can't you see that I'm actually happy with him mom?"

"A guy like you can never be happy with a guy like him!" She yelled at him.

"A guy like him?! You mean with tattoos!? You don't know a damn thing about him!" Steve yells at her.

"I don't need to know anything about him besides he's a good for nothing low life! I don't want him anywhere near you! You deserve so much better than him!"

"He is better mom! Stop talking about him like that!" He inched closer to her, getting more in her face to let her know he won't stop defending him. "We love each other! If you would stop being so rude for once in your fucking life, then maybe you'd see he's not so bad after all. Or do you still have your head in your ass?!" Steve was surprised by what he said, all the anger towards his mom finally exploded out of him.

Yes, he shouldn't have talked to her like that because after all she's still his mom. But he couldn't take it anymore, he's been holding it in for so long. There was only so much he could take.

Suddenly, he felt a sting on his cheek. It didn't take him long to realize his mom slapped him.

"Get all your things out right now! If you two are so in love then you can go live with him!"

"Fine!"

So that's what Steve did. He packed all his things and called James to pick him up. After the whole argument, Steve couldn't stop crying. It all felt too surreal to him. He couldn't believe that it was actually happening.

When he told James that his mom kicked him out, he didn't even hesitate to go over the speed limit just to get to Steve faster. The car ride was silent, besides Steve's cries filling the air.

"Steve, tell me what happened baby." He pleaded while wiping his tears as they sat on his couch. "Me and my mom got into an argument a-about how she doesn't like us together. I stood up for you and she got so angry that she kicked me out." He sobbed.

"You have to go back." James sternly told him. "I can't be in the way of you and your mom Steve. If your mom doesn't like us together then..." Steve shook his head while speaking over him. "No! I'm not ending things with you! She left me, y-you can't leave me too! You're all I have!" He sobbed violently.

"Shhhh, okay, it's okay, I'm sorry love." He embraced him in a hug. "I just don't want to be in your way of you and your mom."

"Whatever relationship we had together is long gone."

"I won't leave you baby, never. I'm here with you until the end of the line, okay?" He spoke looking into Steve's eyes. "Okay." He nodded with a small smile. Then their lips crashed together, Steve knew then, if James was by his side through thick and thin, then they could conquer all the obstacles life put in their way.