Chapter Two - Demons, Wicked Little Things

Start from the beginning

“Thank you,” you brushed off Dean’s last comment. You headed for the door, lingering for a moment before slipping outside and closing the door behind you.

.............................................

“What the hell were you thinking? Huh Sammy?” Dean questioned. It had been moments after you had closed the door behind you, leaving the Winchester’s to argue amongst themselves “Now she’s gone, and we’re right back to where we started.”

“If we want her to trust us we can’t keep her locked up in here like a prisoner” Sam explained.

“So it’s better for her to be alone out there?” Dean motioned towards the door. “Against demons? Without a clue how to kill the son’s of bitches. We still don’t know how many are after her exactly.” Dean’s tone was skeptical.

“She’s not going to be on her own,” Sam replied. He watched closely as the room was dimly eliminated. Light spilled in through the thin blinds. Sam instantly knew the source. Car headlights. “We’re going to follow her” he concluded.

Dean nodded without a second thought as he grabbed the keys to the Impala from the desk beside him. The pair made haste for the car, climbing inside before Dean started the engine almost instantly.

“I just hope you know what you are doing?” Dean mentioned. He was the oldest of the two. Although Sam was the brains of the pair, Dean did have his few years ahead in wisdom.

“So you have the girl?” a voice rose from the back of the car, startling the brothers slightly.

Dean looked into the rearview mirror, instantly recognizing a pair of familiar blue eyes, “What, Cas? No,” he paused for a moment, studying the man in the back seat before adding, “Do you think you could maybe keep the jump scares to a minimum?” He shook his head in frustration as Cas narrowed his eyes, appearing to be deep in thought.

“What is it Castiel?” Sam questioned, watching the troubled expression on the newcomers face.

“Something’s not right,” Cas pondered before his eyes widened “You have to get her out of that cab.”

As the brothers turned to face the man in the back he evaporated into nothing in front of their eyes. Though this was something that the two of them were used to.

“Shit!” Dean cursed before tightening his grip on the steering wheel. “Hold on Sammy,” he pushed his foot to the floor, forcing the car to speed up, full throttle.

.....................................................

You exhaled deeply. This was all too much for you, just too crazy for you to grasp onto. Demons? Really? You supposed that the next big reveal was  that a small woman really did collect children’s teeth from under their pillows at night to build a magnificent castle. Just too insane. Too insane to believe. Although you mocked in denial, you could feel a part of you, however small, that was willing you to turn back. A small part of you truly believed that your parents’ deaths were the act of something not quite human. The way that they were slaughtered. The attack was almost animalistic.