No.6 - difficulties

Cassandra's pov:

"What, why?..." I whisper, Colby squeezes my hand lightly, letting me know he is there.

I find it hard to meet my eyes, I feel everyone's eyes on me. I shift uncomfortable in my seat.

"It's for the best Cassandra...your mother and I haven't got on for a while." He speaks carefully, selecting his words.

"So? It doesn't mean you can't sit down and sort out your differences." I speak loudly.

I feel bad for Kian and Jc, I've only just met them and this is their first impression. Great.

"We tried honey, for a whole year we went to therapy. It's not working anymore and it's our final choice..." He whispers the last part. I just nod. Not wanting to say anything.

"Well that's your choice, don't fight for me. Either of you, I'll move out. Find my own place." My father nods with tears in his eyes.

"Well stay in touch and I'll see you soon." He says getting up and walking away.

I let out a shaky sigh and put a fake smile on my face. We order some food and just talk. Elton leaves before we do.

"So Kian and Jc can I get your numbers?" I ask, we switch numbers before we pay for the food and climb back into Colby's car.

I sit in the passenger seat starting out the window.

Colby starts the car and we head towards the trap house. No one is talking but silence isn't awkward.

Colby drives with one hand, placing the other on my thigh.

As he does, I look up at him. He sends me a smile before his eyes flicker back to the road.

When we arrive back at the trap house, Colby parks and we all climb out.

"You guys joining us?" Colby asks as he wraps an arm around my shoulders. Kian and Jc accept his offer.

Colby lets me go as he opens the door, I turn to Kian and Jc.

"I'm sorry for today, you've only just met me and I -" Jc cuts me off.

"Hey hey hey, don't apologise, we don't mind Cassandra." He says, pulling me into a hug. Kian joins and I stand there laughing as I hug them back.

"Come on guys." Colby says breaking us up. I see Colby furrows his eyebrows as I send a huge smile to Kian.

We all get inside and find our way to the living room where I sit on the beanbag, Colby pulling me down with him.

I sit inbetween Colby's legs, my back resting against his chest, his arms secured around my waist.

I'm engulfed in his lush warmth and snuggle into him.

"So Cassandra, what's your favourite colour?" Jc asks.

For the next hour we spend the time asking questions and laughing at stupid childhood stories.

Devyn, Jake, Corey, Sam, Kat and Brennen end up joining us.

"Let's what a movie!" Sam says grabbing the remote.

Watching movies is literally the only thing we do.

The lights shut off and we pick a movie - a horror to be exact. I love horrors so I don't mind.

Half way through the movie I get distracted, I can't stop thinking about my mum and dad.

The divorce has come out of now where. They have been fine for the past few months. Why the sudden change of heart?

I chew at my nails nervously, my train of thought cut off when I feel Colby's soft warm lips brush again the skin of my neck.