Chapter Three: The New Home

The colony ships shot out of hyperspace as they came out of light speed. Everyone was happy to see that they were not floating in space back on Col-one. Every ship had survived! It was a miracle, but where were they now? Everyone who had one looked out their windows to see the planet. During all the work the colonists were doing planning and building giant transport ships, Cayor was busy finding unknown planets where the GLA would not find them. This first one was pretty much all brown. The scanners showed that it was all dirt. "Why did Cayor pick this one?" The commander asked, "there is completely nothing at all!" "Well, sir," the man with all of the planet coordinates said, " he didn't rely research them. He just found the coordinates." "Oh, "replied the commander. "Well then, we"re going to be looking at planets for a long time. These planets might be unknown for a reason. Anyone who ever did find them wouldn't have stayed long enough to land."

     They jumped from planet, looking for the perfect home for them to recolonize. One was completely lava, another was all ice, another all snow, and yet another just all dirt. "There's only one left on the list, sir." Said the guy with the list of Cayor's Planets, but the fleet commander said, "we need a new plan. This is not working. We're on a wild bantha Chase! It seems that Cayor is having a bit of a pattern. We  should just go to the core and land on Coursant or something." "We could try this last world," "I suppose so," said the commander. "What is it called?" "Tandoon Three, sir." "Alright. Let's go," the commander responded in a glum voice.

· · · · ·

     They came out of hyperspace at Tandoon III. "Sir, we're here," informed the nava computer programer. "Great," said the fleet commander, "let's get started. Tell me about the land and if there are any lifeforms." "Scanners show LOTS of vegetation, as well as animal lifeforms," said a man at a computer. "What kind?" Asked the commander. The computer man answered, "oh no. Oooh no." The commander was beginning to sound impatient. "What is it?" The computer man gulped and adjusted the scanners to feed video onto the main display screen in the bridge. Everyone in the bridge gasped! "Suteenee!" "Not only that," said the computer man, "but Yurek Coral, too." "What about animals?" Asked the commander. "There are signs that there used to be Shirkle-Hala," answered the computer man, "but they're all dead." The commander asked, "Why?" "Because of the gravity field," responded the computer man. "It seems to have been ripped apart many decades ago, maybe more. What we are seeing is the front side of Tandoon III. The other side is empty and missing the other half, probably drifted of into space millions of miles away. When the planet fell apart, everything died."

     "Is there another planet that we can go to?," asked the commander. "Wait!" exclaimed the man with all of the planet coordinates. "There is one more! I missed it. Cayor ran out of room, so he put the last one on the next page." "Well, then let's go!"

     When they arrived, at the last planet on the list, they were unsure at first of what they would find there, but add they got closer, they could see that it was green. That's a good sign. They also saw that it had large areas of brownish grey. The guy at the scanner computer adjusted the scanner to one again show display onto the main display screen. It turned out to be a rather nice uninhabited planet, with exception of wildlife animals such as bantha. But they still  checked everything out and studied every bit of the planet. They didn't want to land on a planet only to find that it floods at night or something! They gave a full twenty-four hour investigation to see what happens overnight. It was as normal as any other planet. They found out that the brownish grey spots were mountain areas.

     Still, if they wanted this to be their new home, they would have to know EVERYTHING. They sent a few landing parties with scientists down the planet's surface with the battleship in orbit watching them closely. They were there for a few hours studying the mountains and the land, taking soil samples to study later. Some even got on and rode some of the bantha. Nothing strange or dangerous was found. When the scientists examined the soil samples they took, they proved to be very healthy for plant growth. Advanced scans taken after the parties sent out reputed that there were no other signs of other people on the planet, so it was theirs for the taking. It was the perfect planet for a lost colony of people!

     They decided to land on the lovely planet. The tired colonists were happy to finally get some fresh air. They created some shelters for the night, and in the morning, Set to work. They found a party of the planet where there was a huge area of soil that wasn't as rich as the soil around it. An area that was almost a mile in diameter. They then decided to build a city there, and they did. In the middle of the city, they laid their military base. They rebuilt their berics and war factory and everything else they had before. They used the rich soil for a new farming complex, better than the last, and could use the mountains for mining, not that they needed it. They had plenty.