The Great Game {13}

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

BATTERSEA
Sherlock and Lestrade took Miss Wenceslas back to Scotland Yard for investigating, John and I went to Battersea station for West's case.

"How... did you know?" John asked, breaking the silence while we were walking.

I look at him and smile. "I'll tell you the same things I told Sherlock. I thought about it and pieced things together. Alex studied stars as a hobby, and on his wall were sketches of that star." John huffs as he realizes he missed a detail. "And when we entered the theatre and found the Golem. The tape kept replaying the same line. 'Exploding into supernovas', or something like that. We were just lucky I remembered."

John and I were able to convince the Tube Guard that we were with Scotland Yard. I supposed Mycroft actually made some calls. We put on the high vision jackets and went to the railroad lines with the Tube Guard who found West's body.

"So this is where West was found?" John asks when the guard stopped walking.

"Yeah." He replied. "You gonna be long?" He asked. "You with the police?"

"No, not really." I said, crouching down next to the tracks.

"I hate them." The guard said, and I look up at him. "The police?" I asked. "No, the jumpers. People who chuck themselves in front of trains." He sighed. "Selfish bastards."

"I guess that's one way of looking at it." I reply, turning back to the tracks.

"I mean it. It's all right for them. It's over in a split second - strawberry jam all over the lines. What about the drivers, hmm? They've gotta live with it, haven't they?"

I run my fingers on the tracks as he talks. "Well, speaking of strawberry jam, there's no blood on the tracks." I stand up again. "Has it been cleaned off?"

"No, there wasn't that much."

"You said his head was smashed in." John said.

"Well it was, but there wasn't much blood." He replied. John turns and looks at him. "Well, I'll leave it to you then. Just give us a shout when you're off."

"Okay." John walks down the line and the guard walks away. "So... Andrew West got on the train somewhere. Or did he?"

"There's no ticket on the body, John."

"Then how'd he end up here?" He asked, walking back up to the tracks.

The points in the tracks change and slide it sideways into a new route. John squats next to it thoughtfully.

From behind us, Sherlock Holmes stands and watches before saying, "Points." John springs to his feet in surprise and we turn around to Sherlock.

"Sherl, West wasn't killed here; that's why there was little blood." I say to him as he smiles. "How long have you been following us?"

"From the start. Knew you'd get there eventually. You don't think I'd give up a case like this just to spite my brother do you?"

"Yeah, actually." I replied.

He turns and starts walking away. "Come on. Got a bit of a burglary to do."

John and I follow Sherlock to the station and we take off our jackets. Shortly afterwards the boys and I are walking along a street.

"The missile defence plans haven't left the country, otherwise Mycroft's people would have heard about it. Despite what people think, we do still have a Secret Service." Sherlock says, striding down the street with his long legs. "Which means whoever stole the memory stick can't sell it or doesn't know what to do with it. My money's on the latter. We're here."