v. chapter four

I looked at both of them, who were sending death glares to each other. If shooting glares can be classified as a killing method, then I guess we would already hold two funerals by now.

"Hey.. There's still an empty seat, or you can just take another chair from the other table." I said in a pretty soft voice, trying not to add the fuel into the flame.

"Go ahead then," Eunsang said while pointing to the other chair from the other table. "Plus you're closer with the chair, I don't think that it's a heavy task for you to do."

"Oh, no." Dongpyo answered with a smile, a fake one for sure. "No, no it isn't." He slammed the books on the table, claiming the other space as his, which turned out to be in-front of Eunsang before taking the other chair.

"Shit.. Guess it gonna be a long day," I cursed under my breath while flipping the notebook.

Jinhwa took the chair at my right side and sitting on it, placing her books on the table. "What's going on? Why do I sense a heavy atmosphere?"

I turned to face her and just replied with a nervous laugh. Nope, I don't know how to explain what's happening right now.

No one knows.

Junho and Minhee appeared and took their seats as well, as Junho sat next to Dongpyo and Minhee sat next to Junho, which was in-front of Jinhwa.

"Oh right, have you guys finished the homework?" Junho asked, earning all of our attentions.

"Do we have homework?" Jinhwa asked, blinking her eyes, probably trying to recall back when did we were assigned to finish the homework.

Minhee replied, "It was months ago, the teacher told us to hand the exercise book by this week."

"What pages?" I asked.

"From the first chapter until the chapter we currently study." Junho said while flipping his exercise book. "I still have plenty of pages left to finish. Are there any generous people who can help me out by copying their answers?"

I nodded aggressively to Junho, "Minhee-ah, you're the most diligent one here. You probably have finished some?"

"I did.. But some questions are too hard, I can't solve them." Minhee shook his head, he knew that I was indirectly asked him if I can copy his answers or not.

"Let me look, who knows? I might know the answer," I said as Minhee handed me his book.

"Stop acting smart, we know how stupid you are." Jinhwa joked as I just shushed her, before reading the questions Minhee had problems with.

"You are a technician at the control power of an airport. The movement of aeroplanes to and from the airport needs to be monitored. Using your knowledge of waves, explain how you would detect an aeroplane and determine the distance from the aeroplane to the control tower. Your explanation should include the following aspects, the type of waves to be used, the direction of transmission of the waves, the amplitude of the transmitted waves and the way to calculate the distance.." I read out the questions and I didn't even understand a single word from it.

"Do you even understand what are you reading?" Junho asked and I looked up to face him, shaking my head as a no.

"This is too hard! How can peers like us have to answer such question?" I asked, examining back the questions, hoping to understand at least some of them but nope, I didn't.

"Plus not all of us wants to work at the airport! Even if we are forced to, I would rather be the stewardess." I mumbled.

Jinhwa nudged me on my arm, "You can crash that dream of yours already, you're too stupid to be one."

I faced her and pouted, before facing to face the others. "Do you guys have any ideas for that question?"

"The question asked how should you know when an aeroplane approaches you, using the technologies. You have to find the distance as well." Eunsang answered, while facing all of us.

I looked at him and without my notices, I suddenly passed him the book. "Then can you solve them?"

He took the book and examined the questions for a while before answering, "The type of waves needed is microwaves, because it travels at the speed of light and not easily dispersed-"

"Oh wait! I have to copy down the answers," I said, telling him to stop and took an empty paper before writing down the answers that he just said back then.

After giving out the answers, he passed back the book to Minhee. Jinhwa looked at the answers and turned to face Eunsang, "Are you part of the elite at your previous school? You're pretty.. smart compared to all of us here."

Eunsang slightly giggled and rubbed the nape of his neck, "Well, not really. I just have plenty of leisure time to study."

"Of course you have, since you're under your mother's control. Mama's boy." I muttered, eyes glued on the answers.

Then, I earned a slight and small pinch on my left arm. I let out a silent moan and faced Eunsang, who were not facing me, but instead facing the others with a smile plastered on his face.

"Pardon? What are you saying, Chaewon?" Junho asked, trying to steal my attention back.

Eunsang turned to face me with the smile still plastering on his face.

Damn, where's the mama's boy I witnessed back then? He looks so scary.

"N-nothing, haha. I was just muttering empty words." I gritted my teeth, having a fierce eye contact with him for a while before turning to face the others.

"Hey, we know you won't say nonsense things." Jinhwa said, nudging me on the arm again, "Tell us. You're making me more curious."

I bit my lower lips, what excuses can I take for now? If I didn't reply them with the answer that they wanted, then they would haunt me the same question even if it takes months, as long as they got the answer.

"Hm.. I'm thinking that we should have a study group..?" I said out of nowhere, making all of them looked at me with a confused expression.

"I mean- We're in our senior year and I think we should perform well for our upcoming exams."

"You need to remember that almost all of us rank around twenty until thirty in our class, only Minhee ranked the highest, number nineteenth. It's impossible for us, the fools study together. It would only bring a huge disaster," Jinhwa said, interrupting me from explaining further.

I puffed out my lower lips and sighed, "However! We have Eunsang now, I guess he can help us a lot?"

The unpleasing expressions finally changed to something promising. "Right? I bet Eunsang was part of the elite students, so it won't be hard for him to teach us."

The rest started to nod, agreeable to my suggestion. Except for Dongpyo, who seemed to be still pissed off with Eunsang. Instead of joining our conversation, he chose to take a short nap on the table.

I won't blame him though, since he had been busy with lot of co-curriculums in these days. It's just that he was killing two birds with the same stone.

"What do you say, Eunsang? Would you like to teach us?" I turned to my left side, facing the young man who was already waiting for me to face him.

"Sure-"

"That's good then!"

"I'm not finished yet."

I raised my eyebrow and faced him back, "What?"

"I'll teach you guys and participate in this study group, but with one condition."

Aish, it's pretty hard to deal with a mama's boy. I just forced a sweet smile, "And what is it, dear Lee Eunsang?"

"Allow me to call you baka."