[ 4 ]

A Day In The Life Of Virgil (Basically me)

(Warning: depression)

As soon as Virgil woke up, he knew, that he was going to have to write off the day. Even after he began taking a more effective medication, sometimes, he still had really terrible days and there was nothing he could do about it. He would be a ghost of his normal self, doing nothing all day, feeling nothing. He would lie on the floor with a blanket, staring at the ceiling, feeling no emotion. He would feel so empty and low, but unlike normal sadness, there was no particular reason or cause that he could understand and work with. Nothing he would usually do would interest him, not music, not drawing, not writing. He just couldn't.

Virgil managed to climb out of bed with much difficulty. His movements felt slow and worthless, his normally chaotic mind completely still and thoughtless. He floated over to the kitchen, and grabbed an apple. This would probably be all he ate today, because he never had an appetite on days like this. His parents greeted him in their usual cheery manner, but on seeing his expression, they fell quiet. They offered to go on a walk with him, they suggested sport, or inviting his "friends" over to help strengthen his tether to reality, but all their suggestions merged into one and Virgil just shook his head. Despite having had 10 hours of sleep the night before, he didn't have the energy to speak. Virgil then slowly made his way back to his room, eating half his apple and then throwing it in the bin. His stomach felt so full, even after such a small portion of fruit.

He sat on his bed, staring out of his window, listening to his parents calling the school to tell them he wouldn't be able to attend. He didn't hear the receptionists response, but he knew it would be some half-hearted attempt at sympathy. But she wouldn't understand. No one really did. Not even his therapist, Wilson.

Virgil eventually fell back asleep, and woke up a few hours later. He tried to do some reading, but the words couldn't register in his foggy brain. He put the book down and returned to staring out the window.

————

When evening finally came, and Virgil had texted Wilson a few times, Virgil was ready to sleep. His stomach rumbled slightly, but he still wasn't hungry, even though all he ate was half an apple the whole day. He took his pills and went on tumblr a final time before going to bed. All he could do was pray that tomorrow would be a normal day.

—————