Happy Place

CHAPTER 8

Victoria was very happy she followed her heart. She really loved Ramcel and was excited to know what would their future bring. It was unknown but she’s willing to take the chance as long as she’s with Ramcel. She could walk on an unfamiliar road to the future as long as Ramcel would take the journey with her.

She wanted to have a serious relationship with Ramcel and she’d like to take it one day at a time. She’d like them to take it slow and enjoy the moment. They just became officially together and everything still seemed so surreal. She haven’t had the time to wrap around her mind yet that she’s already in a relationship with her bestfriend. She wanted to have a future with Ramcel of course, but it was still too soon to talk about marriage and building family.

She couldn’t believe her ears when Ramcel and her mother started talking about them casually. Victoria was so surprised at the turn of events that she couldn’t bring herself to interrupt them.

“Vi, are you okay?” Ramcel asked a little concerned. Napatitig sya sa magandang mukha nito. “Did we scare you? Did you think we were serious?” Amusement was written all over her face. “Relax. We are just kidding.”

Napatingin sya sa Mama nya, na noo’y tumatawa na rin. Bumaling sya ulit kay Ramcel, na ngiting-ngiti sa kalokohang ginawa. “Nakakainis kayo!” Pinukpok nya nang malakas si Ramcel sa braso. “Ma, naman eh!” Parang bata nyang sabi sa ginang.

Tumayo ang Mama nya saka sya niyakap ng mahigpit. “Sorry about that. Nagbibiro lang kami ni Ramcel. But I wasn’t joking when I gave you my blessing. I want you to be happy, Vi.” Ginawaran sya nito ng halik sa pisngi. “Ramcel, nag-usap na tayo tungkol dito. Make my daughter the happiest. Don’t break your promise.”

“Yes, Tita.”

Nagpaalam ang Mama nyang mag-aayos ng mga gamit sa loob ng bahay saka iniwan sila.

“What did you promise my mom?” Victoria turned to Ramcel. “Anong ibig sabihin nyang nag-usap na kayo?”

Ramcel wrapped her arms around Victoria’s waist. She adjusted her position so Ramcel’s chin was resting on her shoulder, closed to her ears. “Nung iniiwasan mo ko, your mom talked to me. She asked me if I love you. If I have romantic feelings for you.” Nabigla si Victoria. Hindi nya inaasahan yun. “I got scared. Paano kung palayuin ka nya sakin pag nagsabi ako ng totoo? But then I thought, I don’t deserve to have you if I couldn’t tell your mom the truth.” Lalo nitong hinigpitan ang yakap sa kanya. “I didn’t come here to be a coward. I told your mom I’ve been in love with you since 1994.”

Humarap si Vcitoria kay Ramcel at siniil ito ng halik sa labi. “Ram, I love you too. But I’m not sure if I deserve you.”

Kumunot ang noo nito. “What are you talking about? You’re the only one for me.” Napangiti na lamang si Victoria at niyakap ito nang mahigpit. “I promised your mom, I’ll give her 10 grand children that’s why she gave me her blessing.” Natawa si Victoria at kinurot sa tagiliran si Ramcel. “So we need to start tonight, Vi,” she whispered seductively.

“Puro ka kalokohan,” natatawang sabi nya at itinulak ito palayo. Nakiliti kasi sya sa hininga nito. “Ligpitin na nga natin tong mga kalat.”

After tidying things up, they snuggled on Victoria’s bed. “Sorry for avoiding you,” sabi nya kay Ramcel habang nakaunan sa balikat nito. “Natakot lang ako sa nararamdaman ko para sayo. I didn’t know what to do. I know it was stupid but I got scared. I am still scared.”

“Me too,” Ramcel said and held her tight.

“Let’s face it together.” Victoria adjusted herself and placed herself on top of Ramcel. “I love you, Ram.”