Chapter 9 | "Sad and broken angel"

Note: I decided I should have someone else find out the truth in this chapter >:) I got the idea from another Lucifer fanfic I read, but I changed up the plot and made it more dramatic lol. hope y'all like it. 

3 hours later

Setting: some warehouse

Dan's POV

Dan just got a phone call that Chloe had been kidnapped, and he was now walking into the door. He pulled out his gun and looked around. "Hello?" He just then heard another car pull up. He turned around to see a black convertible.

Lucifer rushed out of the car. "Out of my way, Daniel." He snarled as he raced into the warehouse.

Dan ignored him and looked around. 

Suddenly a strange man appeared from a corner. "L.A.P.D. hands in the air!" Dan shouted at him. But after he said that he saw a guy in a suit lifting the man into the air by his neck with one hand.

  Lucifer. He was lifting a grown man into the air with one hand. That isn't physically possible. Dan has seen Lucifer do unexplainable things, but... how? Does he have some sort of super human strength? No. He must be hallucinating.

Suddenly Lucifer dropped him and a few seconds later the man screamed in terror. 

What on earth is happening? 

Dan ran over to where Lucifer was standing. "What are you doing?"

"What needs to be done." Lucifer mumbled with a slight growl.

"Where is Chloe?" 

"I don't know. Find her. I'll take care of the kidnapper."

Dan nodded and walked into a small room. "Chloe?" he glanced around.

"Dan?"

"Chloe!" Dan spotted her and untied her. "Let's go."

"Where's Lucifer?" Chloe asked hastily.

"Um... he's 'taking care of' the kidnapper."

"I have to make sure he's okay." Chloe bolted out of the room.

"Chloe wait!" Dan chased after her.

The two detectives stopped in front of Lucifer who was standing over the kidnapper, his foot on his chest to keep him on the ground.

The guy's eyes were wide with fear as he looked at Lucifer, struggling to get away.

"Lucifer let him go. We need to arrest him." Dan told him firmly.

"He must be punished first." A flash of red light illuminated from where Lucifer was standing as the other man screamed once again.

Dan stepped back slightly. "Lucifer stand down."

"Just let him do his thing." Chloe gave her ex a look. 

"What is he even doing?"

"Hard to explain."

Just then Lucifer looked at the two detectives. "Arrest him now."

Dan couldn't believe what he saw. Lucifer's eyes were red. Red. As if he was possessed or something. He immediately pointed his gun at Lucifer. "Your eyes..."

Was he actually The Devil? No. It couldn't be. It's not possible. Is it?

"Dan, you coming?" Chloe asked him, Lucifer next to her.