Chapter 6 | "Don't leave me"

Note: this gets like super sad and dramatic at the end, so be prepared.

Setting: Lucifer's Penthouse

Lucifer's POV

Lucifer walked over to Maze, who was standing near the passed out demon on the floor. "Keep the detective from coming back. If he wakes up and she's here all our lives could be in danger."

Just then the elevator opened and Chloe walked out from it. 

Lucifer and Maze looked at her. 

"So much for keeping her from coming back." Maze rolled her eyes and twirled a demon blade in her hand.

"Ugh... bloody hell." Lucifer mumbled.

"It worked? You're okay?" Chloe walked over to him. 

"Yes. But I suggest you leave." Lucifer gave his partner the 'I'm being serious' look.

"What?" Chloe looked over by the bar and seemed to notice Dromos lying on the floor. "Oh."

"Detective, If he wakes up—"

"He won't. I've got it under control." Maze kicked Dromos, apparently making sure he stayed unconscious. "So you two are free to do your romantic stuff."

Lucifer and Chloe looked at Maze as if she had just committed a brutal crime.

The demon shrugged. "More than romantic stuff?" 

Chloe closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath, trying to put up with Maze's nonsense. "Maze, that's not—"

"I'm okay to watch."

The detective shook her head in disgust.

"Aaand, your job here is done, Mazikeen. You can leave now." Lucifer gave her a weird smile as he awkwardly pushed her into the elevator.

Maze rolled her eyes as the elevator doors closed.

Chloe looked at her phone. "Uh... break in the case, let's go."

Setting: Precinct

Chloe's POV

"New suspect." Dan set down a picture. "His finger prints were found on the murder weapon."

Chloe looked at him. "This could mean multiple things." 

"Exactly. Which is why we need to find him and speak with him."

Lucifer nodded. "Understood."

Setting: some dude's house

Still Chloe's POV

Chloe knocked on the door. "L.A.P.D, open up!"

No answer.

Chloe and Lucifer looked at each other.

"What? Is this the part where I kick the door open?" Lucifer questioned his partner.

Chloe shook her head and knocked again. "Hello!"

Still no answer.

The detective looked at Lucifer, and then kicked the door, making it crash to the floor.

The Devil gave a disappointed sigh. "That was my job."

"Shhh." Chloe pulled out her gun and searched around the house.