05.

MAY, 2018

MAY, 2018

͛͛

ariana smiled as she watched the crowd erupt in applause. she held both of her arms together in an awkward position, she was nervous. after all this is her first interview back.

"how's the album coming? are we close to an album?" jimmy fallon asked.

she nodded her head, "yes, um, my album is coming this summer," she smiled as the crowd screamed.

"tell us more, who's producing it? who are you working with?" jimmy said, he was getting excited himself.

"i worked with pharrell, and max, and ilya, and savan," she began, "it was a really awesome experience and um—," she paused for a moment. she was about to reveal the album name, tom didn't know that the album was basically named after him, "it's called sweetener," the crowd immediately screamed making ariana overwhelmed with joy.

"you're dropping all the things everyone wants to hear!" jimmy said appalled.

"yeah! i've been away too long i just—i just want to say everything," ariana said.

"go ahead!" jimmy began, "so uh, why is it called sweetener?" he asked.

"um because it's kinda about bringing light to a situation or someone's life, or somebody else who brings light to your life," she said making her think of tom and how much she missed him.

jimmy began to say something, ariana quickly interrupting him, "i look like a gumdrop, is it okay?" she said fidgeting with her dress.

"you don't look like a gumdrop, you look fantastic, you look great," jimmy said.

"alright," ariana said as she faced the crowd. they laughed at the face she was making.

"can you tell us any songs on the record?" jimmy asked.

"i can, should i just spit it out?" ariana joked. the crowd instantly applauded and screamed in response.

"just give us a couple," jimmy said.

"well i have a song called r.e.m, but i'm not gonna get into what it's about. i want that to be a surprise," she said. she didn't want to reveal her what it's about because she didn't want people to assume it was about tom, even though it was.

"anyways, there's another song called 'the light is coming,' which i love a lot," she laughed at an audience member making a funny noise.

"and then there's one called 'god is a woman' that i love," she finished. she watched as the audience screamed at the song title.

"can you tell us the first song?" jimmy asked.

"well the first song, it's kinda like an intro, it's called 'raindrops'," she said. she went on to tell him the story behind it and how it came about.

"have any of your friends gotten to listen to the album?" he asked.

"um surprisingly, zendaya has only listened to the song that has already been put out," ariana began, "i tell her like about certain songs and the meaning behind them, but i don't let her listen to them," the crowd laughed, "yeah, i'll probably send the whole album to her like a day before its released and just be like, 'here ya go,' because i can't keep anything from that girl," she said smiling as she mentioned her best friend.

"what about tom?" jimmy asked her.

"um well, tom's listened to one song on there besides 'no tears left to cry,' that i'm not going to reveal," she said shifting awkwardly in her seat.

"i haven't seen you in almost a year probably," jimmy began, "and i haven't seen you since the tragic events that happened in manchester. i know it's tough for everybody and tough for fans and tough for you and i know you haven't done any interviews. i just wanted to say thank you so much for coming on our showing and for being strong and for entertaining and showing up and for going back to manchester," he said.

"thanks," ariana said in almost a whisper. tears began to form in her eyes as she remembered that day.