Part 7

Part 7

"What the fuck happened?" Michael was never one to yell. He only ever did it when he was joking around with his friends, moments where he wasn't part of a notorious gang and just a guy who enjoyed the company of his friends and was able to act like an idiot around them without being judged. But this time. . . This time was different. This time, his voice was coated with rage and green eyes were alight with a fire directed solely at Calum. Michael was in his face, unafraid and pissed the fuck off, as he pressed a hand to his best friend's chest and gave him a violent shove. "Where the fuck is she?"

Calum let him push him, taking a few steps back at the force as he pressed his teeth together. The rest of the Riders stood around watching, not entirely having the guts to step in between two senior members, except for Luke and Ashton, the former using his large frame as an advantage to step between the two men while Ashton grabbed Michael's shoulder. "That's what we're going to find out, man," Ashton told Michael, his tone calm compared to the intensity of the situation.

The green eyed man shrugged Ashton's hand off of him, scowling fiercely at the man in front of him as he snapped, "Get the fuck out of my way, Luke."

Luke hesitated, clenching his jaw. "I don't think—"

"Luke." Calum's voice cut him off, causing him to look over his shoulder as Calum nodded, expression blank.

The blonde was barely out of the way when Michael shoved past him, hand gripping the front of Calum's shirt and slamming his back against the wall. The wooden wall thudded against Calum's weight, everyone else watching in an intense silence as Calum picked up on the unadulterated fury in his friend's eyes. It was expected and justified, Calum knew, which was why he wasn't fighting against Michael. He deserved it.

"You had no fucking right hiding this shit from me," Michael hissed, knuckles of his fist pressing into Calum's chest. "Especially when my sister is being fucking threatened. I don't give a shit that you're the boss around here—you should have fucking told me."

Each word Michael spoke was dripping in infuriated venom, the angriest anyone in this room had ever seen him. It could be argued that he was one of the more mellowed out members of the gang, violent only when the situation called for it. But this right now, with the vein in his neck tense and glare on his face enough to make a grown man cry, was not something anyone wanted to be on the receiving end of. And so they watched as he shoved their leader against the wall, because they knew that even Calum didn't want anyone else to interfere. He was taking it.

"You're right," Calum stated, his tone calm and even despite the storm that was raging inside his own head and chest, the storm that hadn't settled since the moment Hawkins revealed the damning information of Ruby's kidnapping. It had happened only earlier today, and as soon as Michael and Crystal found out, they took the red eye back into town. And now here they were. "I shouldn't've kept any of it from you. I thought I was doin' you a favor—"

Wrong choice of words. "Doing me a favor?" Michael repeated, eyebrows shooting up and eyes narrowing even more, staring at the leader as if he'd grown a second head. He dug his knuckles even more into Calum's chest, the brunette feeling the sharp stinging in his skin and clenching his jaw tightly, the muscle feathering under his skin. Michael stared at him, incredulous and pissed. "They blew up our bar. Six of our people died, there was a threat on my sister's head that's now under-fucking-way, and you thought by not telling me about any of that was doing me a favor?" Michael was practically trembling with fury, a level of angry no one had seen as Crystal, standing a few feet away, stared with blue eyes widened with worry. "Fuck you and your twisted fucking logic!"