Chapter 14: You were amazing

Start from the beginning

"I'll go check in my car, turn the shower on and start if you want"

I nodded and went to my en-suite bathroom turning the shower on. I took off my underwear and stepped inside the shower, loving how the hot water felt on my body, helping me relax. I didn't hear Zach come in but felt his strong arms wrap around me under the shower.

It didn't take us long to shower and get ready. He found a dark grey trainer with a white fitted top emphasizing his muscles, along with white running shoes. I grinned as I looked through my closet and found a matching outfit. Zach chuckled as he saw me coming out of my walk in closet all dressed. I mirrored his laugh and put my hair in a messy bun.

"Ready"

"Me too, come on" he lead the way out to his car and opened my door before heading to the driver's seat. He drove us to town and parked in front one of my favorite coffee shop.

"Oh I love this place! They have a reading corner and it's so cozy"

"Yes, I love coming here on Sundays. Whenever I'm not working or meeting with my family I come here"

"You work on Sundays too? I mean, I've been your assistant for two years and never noticed"

He smirked opening the door letting me in "Yes I work most Sundays when I have nothing better to do".

The coffee shop was crowded, people were reading, others were working on their laptops and some were just meeting up for coffee. I smiled taking a seat in a booth that was just by the curtain walls so we could see the street. Zachary came back a few minutes later with coffee and dessert. We ate, drank our coffee and just talked about random things; getting to know each other even more. It felt nice to hang out with him. He wasn't really that arrogant bastard everyone seemed to know him as.

"I can't believe you did that!" I laughed at a story he just told me feeling so happy.

"Oh I did. I was so mad at her and was even expelled from school for a few days. Messing with the principal's daughter isn't a good idea."

We were both laughing when I felt someone slide in the booth beside me making me glance sideways.

"Andy?" Zachary raised an eyebrow

"Hi, I came in to grab some coffee and saw you two. I thought I'd come by and say hi"

"Or you could say bye and just leave"

"Now cousin, is it a way to talk to me?"

I cleared my throat and took a sip of water. I felt all the comfort and happiness I had a few minutes earlier just leave me with a nervous feeling instead.

"We were getting up anyway. Right baby?" I asked Zachary who nodded getting up "Come on" he offered me a smile as Andy let me pass through.

"It was nice seeing you Andy, but my girlfriend and I have somewhere else we need to be."

Girlfriend. Even though he called me that before, but now it had a different ring to it. It felt nice to hear it. If only it were real... I wasn't even his fake girlfriend anymore. We walked out silently hand in hand and I heard pictures being taken. I looked around and saw a paparazzi taking photos of us. "Zachary? Someone just took photos of us"

"Ignore him, keep walking"

I was trying to take my hand out of his but he tightened his grip. "Don't" he whispered as he lead me to his car opening my door before going to the river side and getting in. He drove silently and I watched him as his arm muscles flexed as he drove. He jaw was clenched, and he seemed to be bothered by something. Maybe he didn't want to be seen with me? I sighed looking out of the window.

"I'm sorry"

He didn't reply at first but then looked at me confused "Why are you apologizing?"

"Because, look at you. We were happy and now you're bothered. Must be because of that paparazzi seeing us together"

He smiled shaking his head "If anything those photos he took will help me get my mom off my back for a while. No I'm not mad because of that and you absolutely have nothing to apologize for. It's just the fact that Andy ruined our date"

"Date? We were merely having coffee, and yes he did ruin it. He killed the mood"

"I just don't like it when he's around you." He admitted not looking at me.

"Don't worry, he can't hurt me anymore. I'm not the stupid Elise I was in high school" I said softly trying to reassure him. He nodded but still didn't seem to be convinced. He pulled into my driveway after the security guy let us in and parked the car.

"Don't forget to be at the office tomorrow, you can come whenever you want. I'm not that busy"

"I won't, I'm eager to start this project, it's really a great opportunity for me, seriously I'm glad and grateful you trusted me enough to lead it"

"Of course I do. I know how committed to the job you can be, and I also know you're very talented. I'm happy you agreed to take the job"

"Me too" I smiled and paused for a moment, I wanted to invite him in but I was worried he wouldn't want to come in and then I'd be too embarrassed. I grinned leaning in and kissing his cheek "Thank you for last night, and today." I got out of the car and went inside before he could say anything. I had just closed the door when the door bell rang. I turned around and opened it only to be ambushed by Zachary who pushed me inside, closing the door behind him and pinning me to the wall. It was all too fast, and hot at the same time as he crashed his lips against mine and kissed me like there was no tomorrow.