Chapter 6: You cannot quit

Elise Collins P.O.V

Suddenly I felt him being lifted away from me and I saw him getting thrown to the floor. I quickly re-arranged my panties and dress trying to calm myself. Zachary stood there, in sweat pants and a t-shirt. He leaned over Marc and punched him a few times in the face breaking his nose. Marc was taken by surprise, he wasn't fast enough to counter-attack Zachary.

I ran to them and stopped Zachary "Please stop, he's not worth it" I managed to say between sobs.

Zachary pulled away and called the police. He still didn't look at me. He kept his gaze on a half passed-out Marc. He looked so angry with a killer look in his eyes that I cornered away from the both of them until the police got there.

It didn't take them long, they were on patrol. After they were done questioning me, they dragged Marc out of my apartment. I looked at the door not feeling safe at all and broke down crying again. It had been so long since I cried that much.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and pulling me to a very toned and hard chest. I looked up to see Zachary looking softly at me.

"It's okay, I'm here. You're safe now" he whispered placing a kiss on my forehead. He waited until I calmed down a little before speaking again. "I'm taking you to my house, and don't even try to object. I need to know you're safe."

Zachary Walton's P.O.V

"You can use this bedroom" I informed her placing her suitcase on the floor near the door. "I'll be in my room if you need anything, and there's an in-suite bathroom if you'd like to take a shower." I looked at her for a few seconds before heading to the door "have a good night Miss Collins".

I closed the door behind me and went to the bar to fix myself a drink. I was trying hard not to show her how angry I was. That bastard almost raped my girl as if it was the most normal thing to do.

My girl, my mind lingered on those words as soon as I thought them. Never in my life have I called any girl as mine. And now here I was calling my two years assistant my girl. I was still furious with her for walking out on me that day, and most of all for slapping me. I just asked her a simple question and she refused to answer me.

Why wouldn't she tell me how she knew him? What was she hiding? As mad as I was at her, the second I saw her message flash up on my screen I couldn't just stay there doing nothing. I rushed out of bed putting on the first thing I found laying around in my room and quickly made my way to her house. I was worried I wouldn't get there in time but lucky for her I did.

Grrr, I could kill the bastard for just scaring her. I took a sip on my drink and left it at the bar making my way to my bedroom. I had to get some sleep if I wanted to make it in time tomorrow for my meeting. Washing up my face and brushing my teeth, all I could think about was how would I be able to sleep while having the mesmerizing Elise in the room across from mine. I let out a heavy sigh as I slipped under the covers and turned off the lights.

An hour later I was listening to the rain and thunder unable to sleep as I kept turning in bed. I was about to sit up when I heard my door open and froze.

"Zachary?" Elise whispered from the door. I pretended to still be asleep.

I heard her coming further into my bedroom and felt her looming over me making sure I was asleep. She stood there until there was a rumble of loud thunder and she shrieked getting in bed with me snuggling to my bare back as she hid her face in the nape of my neck. I had to hold in a groan as I turned around to face her.