"I don't want to talk."

It had been a few weeks since the glass shattered in the kitchen and things around their apartment hadn't gotten any better. Dinah had told Lauren that whilst she was in the shower, she could hear thumping in Lauren's bedroom, but when she went to investigate nobody was there except the Dybbuk Box which sat on Lauren's desk in front of her bed. On another occasion, Lauren had been sitting in the living room and the door to her bedroom which was closed suddenly swung open, so hard it dent the wall it banged into. The latest event was when Dinah and Lauren were both coming back from classes and when Lauren went into her room, her mirror was shattered and the shards were laid on her pillow and all on her bed. 

Ally had been right when she said things would be getting worse, it's just that Lauren didn't know what to do about it. She couldn't get rid of it because of the strange emotional connection she had to it that prevented her from doing anything, like Dinah tried to throw it away and Lauren cried violently until it was returned back to her desk. It wasn't helping that Detective Muller was getting impatient and was blowing Lauren's phone up with calls and voicemails. She understood that he just wanted to close the case on Damien's death, but Muller couldn't know the truth of that night. That much Lauren was certain. 

However, when Muller stood on their doorstep minutes after Lauren got home from class, she couldn't just tell him to shove his questions up his ass. "You've been dodging me Lauren." Muller accused as Lauren let him inside the apartment. "There's a difference between dodging and healing Muller." Lauren replied as she sat down on the love seat in the living room, with Muller sitting across from her. "I thought Cuba was for your healing?" His voice held a lot of hidden questions, and if Lauren was such an observatory person she wouldn't have noticed it, but she did and the tone made her feel uncomfortable. "Cuba was a getaway, which is apart of the healing process. Surely you knew that?" Lauren tried to delay the inevitable, but when Muller pulled out his notepad, she knew she couldn't escape the questions.

"What happened that night Lauren? It's time we put the case to rest."

"Isn't Dinah's statement sufficient?"

"If it was I wouldn't be here. C'mon, talk to me."

"I don't want to talk."

"Please don't make me drag you into an interrogation room."

"Damien was abusive, as you've heard. One second he was smacking me about, then he had a revolver in his hand and begged me to forgive him. When I said I couldn't he shot himself. There, is that what you wanted?"

"A bit more detail and then yes."

"Muller, I really don't want to talk about him anymore. I'm just trying to move on with my life. Fucking let me."

"Moving on starts with acknowledging the past."

"Well I want to forget the image of his blood splattered on these walls. Is that enough acknowledgment?"Muller remained silent as his eyes darted behind Lauren, looking toward her bedroom door. "Is your bedroom window open?" Lauren looked over her shoulder to see her previously closed door practically wide open. She cursed inwardly at the inappropriate timing. "Probably." Lauren replied as Muller stood on his feet and started to move toward her bedroom. Lauren followed close behind, praying that nothing extreme happened that traumatized Muller. 

As the two of them stepped into the bedroom, Muller instantly saw the Dybbuk Box which remained on her desk. His eyes furrowed in confusion at the weird decoration and as he went to touch it, Lauren grabbed his hands. "Family heirloom." Lauren reasoned and Muller nodded in understanding, but not entirely understanding why it was waxed shut. After Muller examined the room further and promised to be in more contact soon, he left the apartment. 

Just as he did, Lauren's bedroom door slammed shut, creating a giant crack in the wood work. Lauren sighed in relief that the door didn't do that whilst Muller was still there, otherwise he might've just investigated further. 

Oooo what do you think really happened the night of Damien's death? Did it really happen as the reports suggest?