Chapter 9: Predator vs Prey

Start from the beginning

I looked at the deer gear. I raised an eyebrow. I put on the antlers, the nose, the glasses, and my little white tale.

"I look ridiculous." I heard Courtney complaining to herself.

I looked over at her.

"You look fine Courtney. Besides, It's only temporary." I told her.

"Well. Thanks Aaron. You don't look too bad yourself."

"Oh. Um. Thanks." I blushed, scratching the back of my head awkwardly.

+

Us deer walked off into the forest. It was just the five of us.

"At least we get a head start." Courtney said.

"I don't know about y'all, but I'm out a here." DJ said, hopping as if he were a deer.

Duncan watch in shock as me and Courtney exchanged a look and raised an eyebrow. Well, now It's just the four of us.

Sadie then wandered off. We looked to see Duncan walking off.

"Where are you going?" Me and Courtney both asked.

"Away from you two. There's no way I'm getting caught because of the two of you." Duncan said.

Courtney gave Duncan a sassy remark.

"I'm gonna go." I said, walking off.

+

A little while I was hiding in a bush. I looked to see Courtney cluelessly walking around. I looked to see one of the Gopher hunters. I quickly pulled Courtney into the Bush I was hiding behind.

"Whoa! What the-" Courtney started but I shushed her.

"Aaron? What are you doing?" Courtney asked with attitude.

"Shush. Be quite." I said quitely.

Leshawna walked by us while complaining.

"Two hours of sneaking around and I haven't shot a darn thing. What kind of messed up person actually does this for fun?" She said walking pass us, not seeing where we were hiding.

"Whoa. I would've gotten shot. Thanks for the save." Courtney said.

"Y-yeah. No problemo." I said." Let's just try to stay hidden."

"Yeah. Good idea."

+

A little time passed and we came across an awful stench.

"Ew. Do you smell that?" Courtney asked me.

"Yeah. I do."

Me and Courtney walked towards Duncan. We found where the smell was coming from.

"Why do you smell worst then usually?" Courtney asked Duncan.

"It's Owen's stink. It's following me around like my juvenile record." Duncan stated.

"Well I'm heading back. This stupid game must be almost over by now. Come on Aaron." Courtney said as we both started to walk.

"You two are going the wrong way." Duncan told us.

"Excuse me? I was a CIT, remember? I have a natural sense of direction. Camp is this way." Courtney said pointing in the direction that me and Courtney were going to walk.

"No. Camp is that way." Duncan said pointing behind us.

They both weren't looking where they were going and bumped the antlers together. They were tangled.

"Very funny. Now let me go!" Courtney demanded.

"Hey princess. This isn't my idea of fun either." Duncan told Courtney.

"Great Duncan. Now what?" Courtney asked frustrated.

"You wanna makeout?" Duncan smiled as Courtney didn't respond.

"Aaron! Help us!" Courtney demanded.

I tried to untangle the Antelers.

"I can't get them apart. Let's just go get some help." I told them.

+

We got back to see that everyone was back.

"Oh. This is too much." Gwen commented.

"Ooh, Duncan. You sly dog you." Owen said.

"The girl can't keep her antlers off me." Duncan said.

Courtney then kicked him right between the legs.

"Cant even bend over." Duncan squeaked.

"Easy Courtney. Our medical tents really only equip for one at a time and Cody's pretty messed up." Chris said.

They untangled the antlers. Duncan fell to the ground as Courtney stood with one hand on her hip.

"Well. Since three members of the Gophers are dripping in paint, make that four members and some of them aren't even deer. I think we have our winner." Chris told us.

We all cheered.

"Gophers. I'll see you at the campfire ceromony. Again." Chris told us.

+

I headed back to the guy's cabin rethinking the whole day. I got to spend the whole day with Courtney.

Well, Duncan got in the way a bit, but it wasn't too bad. I read for a little bit and then went to sleep.