𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

The familiar smell of gasoline met me when I tried to start up the truck. And when it didn't start, I tried again and again until I could finally pull it into drive.

I took a deep breath before driving, as going to pick Ponyboy up made us all nervous for the same reason. We didn't want to see anyone we know.
Soda dropped out at sixteen, and I dropped out about a month later. Darry never made in to college.
So in a way, going to pick him up was like a reminder of a privilege we never received.

I lost most of my friends after I left, and so did Soda and Darry. Now all we had was the gang.

I pulled into the parking lot, the same one I had been pulling into for the last three years. After finding a spot that I thought was far away enough, I pulled the gear to park when I felt something roll and hit my foot.

I reached down to pick up an old cigarette, and quickly lit it just to help me relax. If me and Ponyboy were alike in anyway, it would be the fact that we both turn to cigarettes to fix our problems.

"Ryleigh Curtis?" I knew who's voice it was right away. It was my old English teacher. The one who's teaching Ponyboy right now.

"Oh, hey! I haven't seen you in a while," I said as I struggled to put out my cigarette before he noticed.
I'm real good at acting all nice in front of parents or teachers, even if I don't mean it.

"So I assume you're here to pick up your brother?"

"Yeah, but he's later than usual. Do you know where he might be?"

His eyes lit up. "Sure! I'm his last class, and he's helping clean up a project from earlier. He'll most likely be in there for over thirty minutes, why don't you come in?"

"Uh, sure," I said, not trying to sound rude. I jumped out of the truck, and started inside.
——————————————————
{so I'm definitely not begging for comments, but if you guys would let me know what you think it would be much appreciated !!💗}