He had seen it in her eyes in that footage she will sacrifice herself to make sure Shivika escaped unscathced and he didn't knew how will he make her see she matters to him, to them too. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to her. He had seen Anika break realizing that they had lost Shivanya, no news came of her. They didn't know whether she was alive or ...., he can't even make himself say the word and that time he knew knowing someone was dead was better than having no clue about them, cause at least they could grieve Shivaansh knowing how he died but with Shivanya they didn't know anything. They knew nothing about her and it was terrifying. he couldn't sleep in nights thinking about her, where was she??what was she doing? as one after one horrific scenarios passed through his mind. 

He remembers visiting the morgues each time police found some dead teenage girls body that experience was soul wrenching and the nightmares surrounding him after every such incidence as his mind played with him thinking what if his girl was lying dead rotting in some remote corner of the city away from everyone's eyes never to be found again. he doesn't even want to think about all that again his girl is alive and coming home that's all matters isn't it.  

He still remembers the day, all the tabloids printed the news of a kid who looked exactly like him, whose movie was going to release. He didn't want to believe it but he acted on his instincts and they all uncovered a buried truth Svetlana kept her word. she saved Shivaansh as promised to Shivanya but couldn't take him to security. Shivaansh was adopted by the Kapoor's and he didn't knew if a situation could be more ironic the way Shivaansh's absence used to haunt him in Shivanya's presence. Shivanya haunted him in Shivaansh's presence the more he saw the boy the more he realized he wasn't Shivanya, Shivanya wasn't there. 

But they were all happy by his return seated between all of them, Shivaansh narrated what exactly happened that day on top of hill. How those sadistic men thought it was fun to see what happens if a choice is given to the kids who wants to die first. he narrated how Shivanya hugged him tightly and asked him to take care of Anika and him and Svet will save him as she pushed him down the cliff, knowing very welly she couldn't escape after that the men will shoot her and how Svet saved him but the men were following them. 

Shivaaye could clearly see the pain and guilt shining in everyone's eyes listening to little Shivanya's words before she pushed her brother down. she wanted to save him and they called her murdered when even at that age she was ready to die for her family. he knew if Shivanya was really dead now. he couldn't ever forgive himself or his family for making Shivanya feel so. he had seen the way something crumbled in Anika and she was holding herself through a small strained thread which could break anytime. After all she was the one who birthed the two and her grief and pain was unimaginable in both cases. she had gotten her son but lost her daughter and maybe forever but no one of them were prepared for the fit Shivaansh threw knowing what happened to Shivanya. He left them, he didn't want to do anything with them. he was angry he didn't tell them anything about his life after Svet saved him. he just called his mom and left, breaking the strained thread Anika was holding onto with her whole might. 

That night he had seen Anika sitting in Shivanya's room all night, lost in her thoughts, holding shivanya's dresses close to her heart and then not feeling Shivanya around screaming in distress. Few days after he had seen her gather herself again for Shivika, Omav, Omisha and Ritisha but something had broken into her. She blamed herself for everything and he knew it. He knew all of them went to Shivanya's room in various times of night trying to feel her but couldn't, all her dresses were untouched with no smell of her. Her smell wasn't even lingering in the room and Shivanya's teddy was with him. he wasn't ready to share it with anyone else but it doesn't matter now, his daughter was alive and coming home and that's all matters, atleast to him.